Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Something sweet...

I've never claimed to be much of a baker. Its not like I can't bake, my baking always turns out just fine. I just don't really enjoy it all that much. Plus, I have a husband who for some reason doesn't like much sweets...and so far my boys seem to be taking after him. Carson only touches pure chocolate and Lincoln only likes candy. Not one for baked goods. So I don't bake....that often.


However, lately...there have been some sweet smells coming from my kitchen. Although, don't let it fool you. What I have been up to is so easy and fool-proof it doesn't really qualify as baking. Here are my supplies...kettle corn, bakers white chocolate, pretzels and some cute little bags.


I had one handy helper, who really enjoyed separating the chocolate pieces and picking out the unpopped kernels of popcorn.


The other one was more of a taste tester...he approved, of the popcorn at least.


Here's all you do:

pop microwave kettle corn
mix in pretzels
melt white chocolate in microwave
pour over popcorn and pretzels
spread out over wax paper
let dry

Yep, its simple.


Our goal was to make the popcorn for neighbor/friend gifts....so we made alot!


We were really pleased with the end results....if you can't tell.


All packaged up and ready to be delivered.



Now, onto our next sweet-smelling project....


Our annual gingerbread house making....we cheat and buy the kits.


Tia came over to help, although she doesn't really help. She just keeps me entertained the whole time with her crazy 16 year old stories. She is quite the girl, and always is making me laugh.


I decided to just sit back this time and let Carson go at it. I think I have mentioned my need to control and take over. However, he was soooo excited for this that I knew I needed to just let my perfectionist ways be pushed aside and let him do his own thing. And he did just that. And I let him. Yay for me.


Once again, Lincoln sat in his highchair eating candy while he refused to smile for pictures.


Until Rosemary forced him to....haha, I love this picture. Cracks me up.




And the finished product....


with its proud little owner. I think he did a fabulous job!


My little baker boys took a break from the kitchen to join dad outside..


raking up our many leaves before more snow falls tomorrow. Good job boys.

And me and the honey...


Well, we got ourselves all gussied up to join friends for dinner. As much as I enjoy my time at home with the littles and watching Christmas shine through their round little eyes. I also enjoy getting out of my comfy clothes and actually doing my hair, and joining friends for a night of fun. Too bad my big ol' belly makes me still feel like a fat frump. What do you do, what do you do.

Although friends, I'm officially on the countdown. Had a Dr. appointment tonight and I am down to every 2 weeks and then every week. Can't believe it. Drakey bug...you are circling the neighborhood.

5 comments:

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Oooh, I'm going to have to make that popcorn.. it looks sssoooooooo good!!! I think Carson's gingerbread house turned out great, and I love the picture where Lincoln is being forced to smile! Cute post :)

Genn said...

What a fun and easy project with the popcorn and pretzels!! I might do that next year. I am not much of a baker either. I can, like you said, I just don't really love it. I like to cook because I say it is similar to how I come up with hair color... a little of this and a little of that... with a splash of that too! :)

I know when you are pregnant you never feel adorable you just feel big, but seriously, I am not lying, you look so cute! And barely even pregnant. I think I looked like that at 3 months with Claire!

Eric and Jenny said...

This post makes me smile through and through. Love Rosemary forcing a smile out of Lincoln and Drakey bug circling the neighborhood, I can't wait! The popcorn looks great now get on over to my house and assemble my neigbor gifts and Christmas cards would ya, oh yeah and maybe do a gingerbread house with the boys. I am seriously falling behind this season, I need some help!

TW said...

Such fun projects and pictures. Oh, those two little ones...looking at their pictures I could just eat them up, along with some of that yummy popcorn. Love you!

My Three Boys said...

OKAY< So seriously I have known you my whole life and you are so not a frump. If you need a description of one take a look at me. You look so very cute. One day you will miss having a baby belly. It might be in a the far away future. But when you are done it is so bitter sweet. You are adorable even in your comfy clothes.