Not the little ones...the big one. My main boy, my favorite. He gets mentioned here and there in this little ol' blog, but those teeny tiny ones have a way of hogging things around here. Not today...today we are celebrating someone else.
Honey had a big, exciting week last week. And since this is our family story, we have got to make note of it. He got a promotion...a good, good promotion. We are still kinda on cloud nine about it. He got made the regional sales manager of Northern Utah for the company he works for. Its a pretty big deal, and I am pretty freaking proud of him. He has worked for the same company for almost 8 years and has done pretty dang good in sales. Very good, always at the top good. For a few years now they have had talk of making him sales manager when the guy who is in there now moves on. Although things would always fall through, and the existing manager would stay put. The current manager has held the position for almost 10 years. Thiago was offered the same position in different locations but always out of state. Not an option for us. We have just been holding out for this job to open up here, in our lovely Utah home. 2 weeks ago, rumors started floating around that the current manager was being promoted and yours truly was going to get offered the position. We held our breath, but tried not to put to much thought into it cause things had fallen through before. Every day that passed, seemed to make us a little more certain that this could really happen. Finally, Thursday rolls around and it is announced the former manager is moving on and my honey was offered his position. Holy smokes friends...we were excited to say the least.
The two of us kept texting back and forth that day, discussing the details and what not. I sent him a message that said something like "congrats again babe, i am so excited for you". He sends me one back that said "thanks honey, i am just excited about what this means for our family". Now that right there tells you all you need to know about this guy. Me and the boys are truly the reason behind everything he does, he is so devoted to us. Everything he does in life, always has us in the back of his mind. I am truly so grateful to call him mine. I am so incredibly proud of him, he has worked hard for 8 years now and he completely deserves this. It is going to be a big adjustment for him and a whole lot more pressure but I know he is more than capable and is going to do awesome. Congrats, to my love.
So that is our exciting week...in other news,
what do I do with myself while my husband runs around getting promoted...I stay home and spring clean the boys' bathroom. Equally as important..haha.
I also take care of these three goof heads...
All of which have been sick...nasty colds. The childrens ibuprofen is for them, the caffeine is for me. Cause ya know, with sick kids a girl needs all the help she can get.
They did a whole lot of this, this weekend. Just laying around, feeling crummy. My two youngest both had fevers to go along with it.
Look at that sweet, sad little face. His eyes just kill me, don't ya love that glossy, watery little look...poor baby. All in all, they have stayed in pretty good dispostions. Well, all but Lincoln. Shocker right, he is by far my nastiest patient. He's mad that I gave him the wrong sippy cup, mad that he woke up and Thiago was already gone for the day, mad that he can't hold a cucumber (so what does he do, well he picks up the broccoli and chucks it across the room, you all do that when you are mad to right...and then fling yourself on the ground and scream at the top of your lungs...no, huh...just Lincoln)
So far I remain healthy, which is by far the most important. Cause we all know there is no such thing as a sick day for the mama, life just keeps moving and we have to move right along with it. Cross your fingers for me....
And thats that folks...pretty good week for the most part.
Sure do love our dad, my sister took this picture and we all stood around laughing at it. Appearantly, just about anybody can be a sales manager, no need for maturity or anything like that...he is such a weirdo.
7 comments:
That picture is so goofy, but then he is a goofy boy!
Congrats Cano family, it really is so wonderful. I think you live on that high for quite sometime. When Eric got his job I would wake up happy for weeks pinching myself wondering if it was too good to be true. You have every right to be so proud of him, what a guy he is.
Love you all lots, hope you are doing lots of fun things to celebrate. Go to Melting Pot or something you deserve it!
LOVE IT!!!! Wooo hoooo so excited for you and your family :)
Congratulations. A promotion is always exciting. I hope you guys went out to celebrate!
I wish we would have had time to talk about your exciting news on Saturday. I'm so happy for you guys.
How are the little ones feeling. I hope better.
I just saw this morning who is going to be on dancing with the stars. I think I will be watching this season. =)
That is so darn exciting for Thiago and you all!!! COngratulations to him!
He sounds like a really great guy. I wish we lived closer because I think we could all be great friends.
Go celebrate! Have fun!
ps- hope the kids feel better soon! We've been the same way all month and it caught me good. I hope you don't get it!
I am OVERJOYED about this. Jon is very happy for Thiago because he knows that he deserves that job. I love that they still keep in touch from time to time, but I wish it was more, and I wish we lived closer to you guys so we could actually hang out and be real life friends. I am so proud of T for being himself, and having the devotion and commitment to his family over all. Give that overgrown child a squeeze - good boy T! DOIN WERK!
Yay for you guys and Thiago. I bet or wait, I can tell your super proud.
Post a Comment