Wednesday, February 8, 2012

That makes 12


And thats a wrap friends....final post featuring the babe and the mouse. The babe turned one and as much as the mama wants to continue her monthly updates of the little guy the mouse is putting his foot down. We are done here people. So for one last hurrah....

I give you the last 12 months.


1 month... (insert big sigh and small tear)


2 months...


3 months...


4 months...


5 months...


6 months...


7 months..


8 months...


9 months...


10 months...


11 months...


and 12. He's going out with a bang...could that smile be any cuter. I think not. I am sure most of you aren't going to miss these posts at all. All I do is talk about how my baby is pretty much perfection, I am sure you are all getting sick of hearing it. Oh well, if a mother can't gush over her own child then who can, right??





Yep, he is the sweetest of all the sweets (I made up that expression, I think Thiago thinks it is ridiculous..haha)

The kid is growing and changing every single day. 1 year olds. Holy heavens, who can keep up with them. This kid is wearing me right on out. Thats okay though, its all for the cause.



He's busy...I swear his eyes bug out of his head about 50 times a day. Whether he sees toys, or phones, or food, or remotes, or toilets, or doors opening, or whatever. His eyes just about jump out of his head if he sees something that catches his interest. Which at 1 years old, that is pretty much everything. Then he beelines it on over just as fast as those little knees will move.


Testing out his walking skills. I think he is still awhile off. He is pretty chicken when it comes right down to it. Doesn't make much of an effort. He likes his walker, well kinda. He gets it stuck up against walls and such and can't figure out how to get it turned around, and then he just ends up mad.


He is getting so much personality. Ya know how all the sudden they change from a baby into this little person. I know that probably doesn't make much sense. It just seems like he is coming into his own, and his personality is starting to just shine on through. Its adorable.


Playing with dad and Lincoln boy.


Love it..


Instead of just sitting back and letting his brothers have all the fun, he is starting to join in on their play. This particular night, Lincoln thought Drake's head look liked a good spot to balance objects on. Drake didn't mind.


This is a goody. Not one second after I took this picture, Lincoln stole the lightsaber from Drake and boy did he have a meltdown. He was not happy about it.


Pulls himself up to everything.


Yep, everything. Makes me so nervous cause he is constantly losing his footing and taking falls. He loves to pull himself up to our coffee table, but the other day he lost his balance and fell forward and hit his mouth on the corner. It bled and he cried. It was super sad.



This kid, I could just bop him for his sleeping habits though. He has turned into the worlds WORST sleeper. He barely naps, I swear I finally get him down and he is awake a half hour later. He is just so sound sensitive and wakes up to anything. When he does fall asleep on his own (usually I have to rock him) it is always in odd places.


I think I need to be done nursing him. This kid is spoiled. If Thiago is holding him he is asleep in minutes, but if he is with me all he wants to do is suck. Makes me crazy. Thinks I am a binki or something.


I seriously dread nights lately, cause he is so dang naughty. Worse than a newborn. I really need to just wean him, I think it would make a world of difference and maybe I could start getting some sleep again. Little stink.


All in all, he remains an absolute joy. He is just a ray of sunshine and brings so much happiness into our lives.

He is most definitely a keeper.

5 comments:

Genn said...

h my gosh is he ever adorable teri!
love the picture of him asleep in the highchair!
sorry he is not a good sleeper for you. maybe he will grow into naps more!! ;)

Bentleys said...

He is seriously the most handsome lil guy ever!!!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Ter I know exactly what you need to do to improve the napping. Put him in your closet with the fan on in his carseat and shut the door. Works like a charm even at almost two years old. Does that make me sound like the worlds worst mom, yes? Well forget it, I of course would never do that. I have just heard of people that do:)!

Love our little bug, I am sad this was the last post of him and his mouse. Bring it back for 15 months okay!!

The Carnahan's said...

Love all your pictures. He sounds like such a happy boy, well except at night. I think 1years old is the perfect age to wean him, not too young or old. Cambree finally slept through the night once I stopped nursing her. I think it's harder for us as moms to stop than it is for them. He really has such a sweet smile!

Aleese and Scott said...

Wow it has been a year that is crazy!! Happy birthday!! He is such a cute little guy:)