Soccer has been monopolizing way to much of my honey's life lately. Usually his games are Saturday mornings while I am at work, but the schedule they have been on lately has them all on Saturday NIGHTS. Which is pretty freaking annoying. It is our one night together and he spends half of it at soccer. So what do me and the boys do while we wait for him. We play games. This particular night was Candyland. Carson is learning the ever so fragile life lesson of being a good "loser". We still have some work to do. He gets a little upset. I can't imagine where he gets that from. Certainly not his mother.
Over MLK weekend we had ourselves a little sleepover. No school for the boys, which meant Lancey got to come stay the night with us. These boys...stayed up way to late laughing and giggling. Then woke up at the crack of dawn the next day. Come noon and they had both ran out of energy. Tired, so tired. They had a good time though.
We sure do love our Lance.
Along with me and Jen and Drakey bug's birthdays we also celebrated my little nephew Brevin's 5th. Earlier in the day, I met the Phongsavath's at our favorite frozen yogurt place. I crave this stuff. See those little orange jelly balls. Not sure exactly what they were. They were with the other fruit and said "orange something". Oh my hannah, they were so dang good. So spritzy and juicy and just divine. Yum!
We also attended a funeral this month. My stepdad's (only I don't like to call him that, sounds too formal...he is just my Deano), anyways, his mom passed away. She was 91 and in poor health so it was a blessing. However, still sad. Sure do love my Deano. Anywho, Thiago and I took just Carson to the viewing and out to dinner afterwards. Just the three of us. Boy, did this 6 year old think he was pretty cool stuff. Just him and his mom and dad. Dream come true.
This picture just made me laugh. It was the day after Drake's birthday and I started to pull leftover food out of the fridge for the boys' lunch. I grabbed the barbeque beef and potato salad and next thing I know Carson is getting out the plate of chocolate cake. He then goes on to eat that entire plate on his own. Thiago went to have a bite after dinner and was shocked to find out that Cars had eaten it all. Little pig. Loves his chocolate cake.
I have been on a new recipe kick lately. January always does that to me. Sick of eating out through the holidays and just want to be home in my cozy kitchen making warm dinners for my family. Tried out this new chicken enchilada soup...
We loved it, you broil up some corn tortillas and place them on top. So freaking good.
Last night, we tried Pioneer Woman's cheeseburger salad. Oh my goodness. The tangy barbeque meat, dill pickles, homemade croutons, onions...so many good tastes going on here. That Pioneer Woman sure knows what shes doing.
Speaking of, I am going to start watching her show on the Food Network. I set my DVR for tomorrow's show and we'll see what I think. Sounds kinda fun to me.
My cleaning streak continues. Got the rest of my basement in order. I know it still looks kinda cluttered but seriously it is organized clutter. I made a huge load to take to the dump and the DI and I am feeling pretty good about it.
Found these dishes in the middle of my cleanout. Just packed away down there by old baby swings and easter baskets. I think we got them when we got married and I had just forgot about them. What the heck is wrong with me. Aren't they pretty??
Had Carson's second parent teacher conference. Which went wonderful. He is doing great on everything. Ahead of the curve in almost all areas. She says he is every teachers dream. Just a happy, friendly, polite little boy who is always kind to others. Music to my ears...way to go Carson. You make us so proud.
He also got a certificate and a coupon for a free slushie for having perfect attendance. Way to go Carson, and Carson's mom. haha. Cause ya know, I am kinda the one that gets him there and all.
My dad took all of us out for pizza to celebrate all of these January birthdays. Don't ya just love those breadsticks...wish I had one right now.
Finally, picked up the large print of my family picture. Makes me happy to see a family of five in there now, it was so sad looking at our last one with no baby Drake in it. Felt so incomplete. Now we are all there and it makes me happy.
Have had some okay weather the past couple of days. Warmer than usual. I went out to vacuum our car and let the kids play for a bit. Here is Drake in Elle bell's pink car. Don't tell his daddy.
Felt good to get out there and feel the sunshine on our cheeks. To bad it is only February, we still got plenty of winter left here in good ol' Utah. Better not get spring fever quite yet.
Thats it from me...honey is waiting to watch a movie together so I better sign off. Happy weekend all...hope you all enjoy superbowl. I think we will!
6 comments:
What fun, I love a good random post they are really my favorite.
Seriously what are those orange jelly things in the yogurt, I can't figure out what those would be, check next time you are there.
Also I think I need your soup recipe there that looks so good and you will have to let me know what PW show is like. I think it would be fun to watch to.
I didn't ask you but are you going to the shower today, I am assuming so? If yes I will see you there!
Looks like you guys are having fun!
Love a random post Teri!
Lots of fun things going on.
I have been watching PW's show too. I try to watch it while I am on the treadmill. But it always makes me hungry. :)
I love those dishes you found, they are so pretty.
Hope you all enjoy your day!
What a fun post. Let's see where to start. That chicken enchilada soup you made looks divine! Mmmm, you should post the recipe.
Those dishes you found are really pretty! Makes me totally want new dishes!
Love the picture of Carson eating all of the chocolate cake. Way to go on an awesome Parent Teacher Conference. He sounds like such a great kiddo.
I love little catch up posts like that so fun. You have got to stop posting all that delicious food because I want to eat it through my computer screen. YUMMY!!! Can I pay you or Jenny to cook all my meals for me? I am a terrible cook and lately it is even worse. Love your new family pictures. Very festive and cute. I am excited to get back in shape and have my new little one here and get us some cute ones too. Love you guys so much!!
I love your Friday Favorites. Okay, so that picture of Lance and Carson, Carson looks like Thiago there and then in every other picture he looks like you. crazy. So fun!
Post a Comment