I survived our weekend of camping...those of you who know me well know I am not a camper. We had a family reunion in Mantua this past weekend and we totally tented it this time. We usually take my mom and Dean's trailer, so I still have water, air, bathroom...you know that kind of thing. Well since Mantua is so close, we decided it wasn't really worth all the trouble of packing up the trailer, so we slept in tents and ate out of coolers and little camp stoves. Not my most favorite thing to do, but Carson loved it and I did end up having fun.
Me checking out our tent...thank goodness it was just one night.
Carson and Granny O. Carson thought the tents were the coolest things...he kept calling them our houses. He would walk down to the Kofoeds tent and say "me go to Hallie's house."
He thought he needed to wear his sunglasses the entire time, even when it started to get dark.
The kiddos loved this, they stacked up all of our air matresses before we got them into our tents and jumped from one to the other. Brevin spent most of his time trying to climb back up after being knocked down by the bigger kids.
Me and Ash standing around looking pretty...
Gotta love the 4-wheelers!!
Carson loved roasting marshmellows...he mainly just like holding the stick. He would swing it around, almost hitting us. His marshmellows were never edible...he either burnt them or got ash or dirt all over them. But he had a lot of fun doing it.
Just taking it easy...who knew roasting marshmellows could be such hard work.
Saturday everyone went on the 4-wheelers up to Willard peek. Well everyone except me and Ash, thats a little to bumpy for two pregnant girls. They all were gone for like 4 hours, while me and Ashley sat back at camp. Not a whole lot of fun for us, but everyone else loved it.
Tough guy...isn't he!!
Carson and his dad...I love to see the two of them together doing something they both love. I sure do love my boys!!
Me and Ashley sitting back at camp all by our lonely little selves. Great times, thanks Granny O and the rest of my cute family for another weekend full of great memories. I love my family, each and every one of them. Hope you all had as much fun as we did...and Tanner-boy Happy, happy Birthday. Thanks for spending your big day with all of us, we love you so much and our so proud of the little 7 year old you have become. I can't imagine loving a little guy more than we love you!! Happy B-day buddy!
14 comments:
You are awesome preggo and camping all I have to say is I would of stayed home!!!! Looks like fun fun times!! What is up with kids and sunglasses my kids love em too!
Well arn't you right on the ball with the posting. It was a fun weekends. I was so glad you were there to keep me company. Carson and Brev did have so much fun. Love you so much.
How Fun! I love camping but haven't been forever. You look cute in all your pictures and I am glad Carson had fun, he probably felt at home like most boys do while camping or just being outdoors.
Okay is it just me or does that picture of Carson roasting his masrhmellow look like Lance. It's probaby just me but when I first glanced at it I seriously had to look twice, crazy! It looks fun and all but more importantly the big question is did you get any reading done (if you tell me no I am taking back all my books and I will no longer be sharing). I advise you to think hard before you answer.
I was proud of you that you went, you and Ash really aren't campers. I have never seen anyone as cute as you two camping. I thought it was fun, and the kids really loved it, thanks for everything you did for Tanner's Birthday and tell Thiago thanks for always being so good to my kids.
Your camping trip looked so fun! I'm proud of you for going, I went last summer when I was pregnant and it was not very fun! We all need to get together and go on an overnighter if you guys are up to it. And we really should take the boys swimming, call me whenever you want!
Oh it looks like so much fun! I get to go to girls camp next week...more work than fun, but it comes close. Carson will be a pro marshmamllo-roaster in no time.
Wow! You're very daring especially being pregnant! I have to admit that I've never been "real" camping - well maybe once when I was a little girl. But actual sleeping in tents and no bathrooms... Man I don't know how people do it. Nice work. I bet it's a lot of fun going with your little boy though. Boys LOVE that kind of stuff and seeing the excitement on his face I bet was fun.
The "Great Outdoors" is great for about one sleep. You were way too cute for camping. Next year we will get you dirty four wheeling.
How much fun is that! I love camping and we haven't been in forever! We have a tent we have never used! YOu guys have some of the funnest family reunions I have ever seen!
I loved your last two posts. Tyson would be totally jealous if I let him read that you went camping. We haven't been able to go anywhere yet this year and he really wants to take Taylor. You're a good sport and it helps to have someone at base camp with you to hang while they all went riding.
And I love the pic's of your flowers and I have to say I'm very jealous you're such a green thumb. I kill everything outside and I'm good with indoor plants so my yard was destined to fail this year.
How cute you look! I've only been camping a few times here in Texas...its too hot. What a fun memory y'all will have though...Carson is too funny!
What a fun weekend. We are taking the trailer up to lava this weekend and going swimming like the olden days! Except it is josh and I and my brother and sister in law! I hope I fair the experience it has been a long time.
Oh that looks like so much fun! I haven't been "real" camping for ages. Carson looks so cute on the 4 wheeler with Thiago. You and Ashley look so cute with your little pregnant bellies. How Fun!
Post a Comment