Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weber State Fireworks






We always go with Thiago's family to the Weber State fireworks on the Sunday before the 24th. They actually kinda sucked this year, we got there at like 7:00 or so and waited for them to start. That part wasn't to bad, it is fun to sit around and visit and Thiago's mom brings tons of good food. Plus, Carson always has fun. He spent his first hour there throwing chunks of dirt on the road. I started to get really miserable though cause I drank a capri sun, that literally went right through me. I carry my kids really low and they just sit right on my bladder, I seriously have to go the bathroom ALL the time. Anyways, I have been trying to be careful to not drink alot if I know I am going someplace where I won't have a bathroom for awhile, well who would have thought one little capri sun would have been torture. I wasn't about to go in those little outhouse things...so I sat there miserable for like an hour and a half. The fireworks finally started and they were like 10 minutes long if that. They were the shortest and dumbest fireworks I have ever seen, I was ok with that though. It just got me to a bathroom sooner. Oh, the joys of being pregnant.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I am sorry you didn't have very much fun, that is why I am not a fan of fireworks. You wait so long for them to start and then they are over. I would have enjoyed all of Maria's food she is such a good cook.

Eric and Jenny said...

You make me laugh, I am sorry that would be miserable. Eric is watching me read this and he says it serves you right because he hates going to those fireworks. Boy he is such a sweetheart, ha ha. I love that first picture of Carson he looks so cute, I love that face he is making.

TW said...

Wish I had some of that good food right now.

Nick and Stacey said...

I did hear that those fireworks were dumb! Sorry! We should have had you guys up to Logans they were awesome! They almost went on too long it seemed like forever! Anyways! Sorry about the capri sun....no fun! The best part about the fireworks are the hanging out before anyways! You could just leave before the fireworks even start!

Souli & Ashley said...

It was fun I felt bad for you though. You should have just gone. That is an awful feeling. They were pretty dumb fireworks. Not impressed this year. But the boys enjoyed them.

Taylor's mom said...

We were suppose to go to the fireworks to but I'm glad we didn't. I don't like it when you wait that long and the anticipation is there and then they suck. Sorry.
Cute pic's though and family time IS the best.

Ashley and Devan said...

Oh Teri! I would never go in the outhouse either. I would have sat there just like you did. We missed the fireworks this year and thanks to your post I don't feel so bad about it. It's kind of good to know they stunk.