Sunday dinners...one of life's many simple pleasures. What is it about them that I love so much....spending time with my family, the great food, that lazy Sunday feeling and oh so much more. Every Sunday we take turns going to the Cano's house or my moms for dinner. Thats right folks, I absolutely never have to cook on Sundays and that is spectacular. I love that we take turns like that, I love my mother in laws cooking as well as my own moms. It is nice to get a taste of both every once in a while. This Sunday was extra special, cause my twinny is back in Utah. For good this time, well we are hoping for good. As most of you know, her hubby just graduated from law school this past May. However, to make a long story short he is going on to DC to do one more year of specialized law school (I don't know what else to call it) in the tax program. Jenny and the boys would have gone with, but my nephew Luke was born 12 weeks premature and has some hearing loss. They got him into an incredible school here in Logan, Utah. It starts this fall, and is necessary if they want to get him ready to be mainstreamed by Kindergarten. They had to make the tough decision to send Eric on to DC, while Jen and the boys stay here. It is going to be so hard on them, but they had to make the decision that is best for Eric's career and for little Luke's progression. Soooo...here is my twin, home for now.

My cute mom...slaving away in the kitchen.

My sisters..and best friends!

My Carsey-boy and Lance at their little table...supposed to be eating but they spend most of their time goofing around.

The rest of the family...Eric wouldn't turn around and look at the camera and Souli was being an idiot holding up his corn like that.

After dinner, we always go out on my moms patio and visit while the kiddos play. I love my moms house, it is so beautiful and clean and homey. Just very comforting, and always makes me feel like a little kid again. All the kids are gathered around Jenny begging for popsicles in this picture.

More playing...


After their bath, they all tried to wrestle with Thiago. So funny, he throws pillows at them and gets them all riled up. It started with just Carson, and pretty soon it was all of them, besides Luke who was sleeping.

Get him boys!!
11 comments:
We go to my in-laws on Sundays and I am there with you on not having to cook and relax! Its so cute watching all the cousins play!!! Glad your twinny is back!
I bet it is so nice having Jenny back in Utah. It is so nice to be together with all of the family. That is what I miss most about being away is Sunday dinners. There is nothing better.
Oh so sweet, you know I am having a hard time with this just reading this made me feel better. I am so glad to be back even if the circumstances are less than desirable. Next to Eric there is nobody I would rather be with than you guys so that is a definite plus. I agree Sunday dinners are the greatest, they are always what I missed the most in Kentucky. Thanks for being the best sister ever I dont' know what I would do without you and Ash!
How fun! Your mom always did have the most welcoming house! I loved to be there! I am glad your family is all back together!
How fun! I love going to my Mom's house for dinner, its fun.
To answer your question, my Mom got the road map at Walmart, they are actually in the bedding section (why, I am not sure). But Lowe's also has them too. I love it.
So fun!!! I always go over to my moms for Sunday dinner, so I don't have to cook either. Its great!!
Your Mom is a great cook. I want some of that corn on the cob now. I'm going to go get some. Thanks for reminding us it's on.
Your parties always look like so much fun. You have a great family and you look so cute miss prego mama! Ü
Cute post. There is nothing like mom's house. I love being there as you know I sleep there when I can. I'm so glad my Jenny is home she was greatly missed. Mom looks so cute in that picture.
Its so nice to have dinner as a whole entire family! I love the post about your sister Ashley too--how sweet. I think in Heaven we knew just who we couldn't live without; I am so glad to have my sisters and lil brother.
You girls are sooo cute. With such cute families...Teri I love your little baby bump! I hope we can have Sunday dinners once we have little ones running around. Hope your week is going well!
Post a Comment