Ohhhhh, poor little honey had to have his knee operated on this last Thursday. I don't know who remembers last August, when Thiago was playing soccer and tore his ACL. He ended up having an MRI, and indeed it did need to be operated on. It was a minor tear so the doctor told him we could hold off a few months until he needed surgery. So lucky us, we finish paying all the Lincoln bills and we get to start all over with more hospital bills. Fun, only this time we don't get a cute baby out of it. Oh well....what do you do. At least we have the money, not exactly how I wanted to spend it, but could be worse.
Here is his support group...me and Lincoln!! Carson spent the day with his Tou and Tia Shalae (Gus and Shalae for you non portugese speakers). They took him to the Hansen Planeterium and he had a grand old time. Lincoln, the lucky duck got to come with me. Didn't want to leave both kids with them and didn't want to have to worry about pumping all day. So my little bug came to keep me company.
He was a perfect little angel, just like I knew he would be. Stayed and played during all the pre-op stuff. As soon as they took Thiago back, he fell asleep. Stayed asleep for about 2 1/2 hours, and woke up just in time to greet daddy. What a good little boy.
Here is Thiago, looking pretty chipper after all was said and done. He is tough, and really handles things like that pretty well. He was ready to go after being awake only an hour or so. Not a big fan of hospitals, he just wanted to get home.
The hardest part for him was the femur block. They gave him some stuff that would knock off all feeling in his leg, kinda like an epidural for us moms...just in his leg. He didn't regain feeling for 24 hours. He had a hard time dragging that dead weight along on his crutches. So sad, cause the first night home he totally fell. He was on his way to the bathroom and I was standing close by, but lets face it, what can I do. He is about 3 times my size, and I am not a whole lot of support. His mind was working faster than his crutch, and he just kinda toppled over. He let himself just fall straight down, cause he knew if he tried to catch himself that would just mess things up. Kinda scary, watching my big guy lose total control and just flop. Luckily no damage done.
Oh and then there is my Carsy-boy. He just CAN'T stand seeing his poor dad down and out. We are just not used to it. Thiago just goes, goes, goes....always doing something. Carson was just so concerned to see him just laying there all bandaged up. The minute Carson got home, he plopped himself down by Thiago and has literally not left his side. He is always telling me that daddy has an owie on his knee, and that he needs to hold his hand. So cute, he keeps patting Thiago and telling him that it will feel better yesterday (he means tomorrow). So sweet. Anyways, he has started physical therapy and is doing better every day. By this time next week, I guarantee he will be out and about like nothing has happened. This guy can't stay down for long.
10 comments:
Looks like Thiago is doing really well! Benton couldn't remember if he had the femur block with his first ACL tear (you might remember he tore his other knee in High School), so he decided he didn't need it. BIG MISTAKE, when he got home he of course remembered he did have it when he got his other knee done...so he was in a lot of pain for the first couple of days, wishing he had opted for the femur block. Let me know if you have any questions, since I just went through all of this with Bent. That's cute of Carson to stay by his side!
Oh my HECK. That sucks he had to have surgery, but seriously that picture of Carson by his side is so cute! SO WORTH IT. I can totally relate to having to spend money on medical bills - dont you wish we had a titch better insurance with their company? Oh well... at least they get some action from their blackberries - right?
Tell T jon and I say to get better super fast so he can keep kicking jons trash!
Get well soon Thiago. So sorry to hear about that. Sounds like you have a good helper on your hands though. Carson you are just the best!!!
Wow! Hopefully he gets feeling better soon. How cute of Carson to stick by his Dad. Tell him to get feeling better!
I just want to cry when I think about poor Thiago falling, I just can't even picture that, poor guy, I love ya! Carson what a sweetheart I am totally not surprised he was so attentive and concerned that is so his personality, love that kid!
Thiago is looking great for just having surgery. What a trooper! I hope he heals up fast. Good thing he has such a cute wife and son to take care of him.
What a cute support group for Thiago! Carson is such a sweetheart staying at his side. You definitely have great children!!!
I love that first picture Thiago...it made me laugh! I am so glad everything went so well! What a great bot that Carson is to help out his daddy! I hope Thiago is up and going soon, sitting around all day cannot be fun after a while!
I am glad everything went well! That is always so scary when someone you love has surgery! I HATE IT! I love the last picture of Carson in with Thiago that is just the cutest thing!
Post a Comment