Monday, April 20, 2009

Great Weekend


Do you ever have some weekends that are better than others. Our's was super great, maybe it was that glorious sun shining and the perfect weather. I am almost positive that had something to do with it. We started out, by going out with our good friend Adam and the Kusuda's Friday night. We missed John and Monica, but still had a great time. These are Thiago's best buddies since High School and we just love getting together with them. So thanks friends for the fun night..


Saturday was my definition of a perfect day. Seriously could not have been better. Thiago and I did some serious yard work, and I do mean serious. The yard always has some major freshening up to do, after the cold winter months. We pulled weeds, tried out our new edger, mowed, weed-eated, sprayed our shrubs and trees for bugs, squirted out our driveway, killed the weeds growing in the cracks around the edge of our house, pretty much just about everything. It was so fabulous, and it looks pretty dang good too.


Yeah for our new edger, LOVE it. So clean and precise. Thiago wasn't quite up to mowing the lawn with his knee and all. So many thanks to good ol' Reggie for helping us out there. Very much appreciated.


You have no idea how good it felt to get my hands in dirt again. I know, I know I must be crazy, but I totally enjoy yardwork. I love the feeling of accomplishment at the end, and especially how clean and pretty it makes our yard look. Can't wait to plant my flowers, 3 weeks and counting.


Carson had a great time getting reaquainted with all his outside toys.



And hanging out with his little friend Noah, I am so glad cause we have quite a few little ones near our house. On both sides of us and right across the street, Carson has quite a few little friends available.


I am so glad I had Lincoln when I did. He is old enough now, where I feel comfortable having him outside with us. Also my yard is a lot of work for me and I spend a TON of time out there, so I am happy that the newness of baby #2 has worn off. We are all in a good routine, and he was absolutely perfect all day long.


I swear all I do is look at that little smile and it just warms me up. Who needs the actual sunshine, when you have got a little Lincoln around!





8 hours later, and we headed on into the house. Carson went straight to the bathtub. Dirty, dirty...I even stripped him down in our garage cause this kid was a mess. These are just some cute pictures of the 2 of them that night. Nobody can get Lincoln to smile the way his big brother can. So sweet..




We had a little family movie night later on. Popped popcorn, candy, drinks, pizza. What more could you ask for. Cars picked the movie, what other than "BOLT". Its new and therefor that is his number one choice lately. Cute movie...


Lincoln wanting in on those KitKats...lets start on cereal first, okay buddy!


Nothing better than being out working hard together with my honey. Sun shining, babies laughing, lawn mower going. Then coming in, settling down for a fun night together. Good times!

11 comments:

TW said...

What a busy,fun day for you all. Good pictures of your yard...I can smell the dirt and grass being cut right now. You are two on the ball kids having your yard looking so nice already. Pictures of the boys are great!!! Miss you.

Nick and Stacey said...

That is perfect! I too love to get out and get the yard all situated...there is nothing better than a freshly mowed lawn, and some nice clean flower beds ready for planting! Your yard always looks so wonderful! It will be nice to have a yard again just to do all those things! Looks like the boys had a great time, getting out the toys again, its like you got all new ones! That does look like an absolutely perfect day!

Plain Jame said...

Aint it the truth!? Being able to go outside and be in the nice weather is the best medicine for anything! (other than those kitkats and twix!)

CUUUUTE pictures! hope thiago is doing better!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh gosh that really does sound so wonderful, isn't it funny how sometimes just staying home and doing stuff like that brings you so much joy more than a vacation would. Such cute pictures, I cant wait to have a yard to go out and do yardwork with Eric on a Saturday, you make it look fun!

Nick and Kandi said...

So cute! I can tell you guys are so happy. It's adorable!

Taylor's mom said...

I'm so impressed that you can get Big T out there with his knee that way it is. I can't even get my Big T and he's perfectly healthy. Actually, he does mow the lawn.
You'll have to give me some planting pointers.

Shanna said...

Teri you are so cute! i hope someday i'm as cute and tiny as you are.

Jill said...

Your yard looks so nice, you were busy little beavers. Lincoln is always smiling so cute in all of his pictures. You need to bring him over and let me tend him and I mean it. Love ya haven't seen you for awhile lets get together.

April 19, 2010 said...

just reading that makes me feel like I had a good weekend :) Your family is so adorable. I can't wait to have my own house so I can do yardwork--I love being outside too. Great job on the yard-it looks phenomenal!

Johnstun Fam said...

oh sounds like a great weekend!

Cute Family said...

How fun is that! I seriously can't wait until I have my own yard to work on again! The movie night also looks fun, Jon is never home so I can't wait for summer break when we can live a semi-normal life. You have an adorable family!