Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Half-Birthday!



Oh SIGH....my baby boy is half a year old already. Turned 6 months on the 17th and I seriously can't believe it. His little life is just moving by so quickly, a lot faster than I remember Carson's. Before I know it he will be a year old, and he will no longer be a baby. Makes me sad, but boy do I love him. It is so much fun to see that little personality coming out, he is such a delight. No other way to describe him. He lights up our home and our lives with his sweet smile and bubbly personality. He is reaching all kinds of milestones, first one being he now is officially rolling over.


Thinking about it...


On his way...


Just a little bit more...


Success!! Yay, he can reach those toys that brother has got. He is much better at going from his back to his tummy, then his tummy to his back. Quite often he gets stuck on his tummy and boy does that make him mad. One of these days he will get the hang of it.


Next milestone....baby food! I took him to his 6 month checkup and got the go ahead to start him on cereal and baby food.




Don't let those faces fool you. He LOVES it! Carson has fought me on food ever since he was a baby. Wouldn't nurse, wouldn't eat baby food, still doesn't eat most things. He is literally the pickiest kid you will ever meet. Not this little guy, he couldn't get it fast enough. Just gobbled it up. So far we have tried cereal, pears and squash. He is a big fan of all three. Next up applesauce.

A few more odds and ends. He had his checkup and is in the 4th percentile for height and weight. WHAT...I could have sworn he was bigger than that. Guess I don't make chubby babies, they are both on the small end. Oh well. He is happy and healthy and that is all I ask for.

One little not so fun thing about my cute boy. He is turning into a very naughty little sleeper. He goes down at about 8:30. Sleeps straight threw until 2 or 3. Then he wakes up for two hours and thinks it is time to play. Without fail, every night for the past week and a half he has done this. Not cool. What happened to my little guy that was almost sleeping through the night. What am I doing wrong. I swear he doesn't even nap very well lately. Help, have any of you experienced this. What should I do???

Other than that he is a little angel and we sure do love him.

8 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

I can't believe he is already 6 months. Holy Cow! I swear that he just gets cuter and cuter though.
Hunter is just like Carson.. such a picky eater! He wouldn't nurse either and now will only eat about 5 different foods total. Brinley is like Lincoln and is a good eater.. except unlike Lincoln she has the rolls to prove it. Lol!
Good luck on the sleeping issue. I've yet to deal with that. Hopefully it's just a phase.

TW said...

Just can't get enough of the picture in the birthday hat and that smile. Cute post and thanks for his updates...he is just precious. Love you

Souli & Ashley said...

Time goes by so quickly doesn't it. I can't believe they are 6 mths already. He is so cute with his party hat. That cute little round face of his. I want to pinch those cheeks right now.

Nick and Stacey said...

He is so darn cute! I cannot believe it has been that long already! I too agree with you the second one goes by so much faster! Yeah for the rolling...sort of i guess, now he will get into more, but it is so fun to see them grow! Also the sleeping after you mentioned that I think Mitchell went through that phase too, but he must have grow out of it fast, because I don't remember it being too awful! Good Luck!

Shanna said...

thats so cute! he's such an angel face teri. You're a cute mom. i love reading your blog.

Plain Jame said...

This gives me anxiety at how fast they grow up. Wasn't he just born a few weeks ago? I guess I had better enjoy every second with this one coming..
He has such an adorable little face. I love that he's a good eater - and what a naughty sleeper! That would make me a crazy woman!

Eric and Jenny said...

I just love that kid, look at those pictures in the birthday hat, they just don't come cuter and happier than that kid (but I guess I don't see him in the middle of the night, huh). Love him, love those cheeks, I want to kiss him up!

Brittany said...

Baby food is the best! And so are his faces :) I can't tell you enough how adorable your kids are