Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One month to go..


Meant to post this a few days ago, kinda slow in getting to it. 11 months down and 1 more to go until my little baby turns 1. Oh my heck, why oh why does time move so quickly. I feel like I have waited my whole life to get to this point and now it is just flying by. I DO NOT want my kids to get older, I love this stage they are in and I wish I could just freeze everything. I know that is obviously not possible but it really does hurt my heart just a little watching them grow and get older.


Can't get enough of this boy and his squishy little face. His high pitched little yell, those kissable cheeks, and sloppy, wet kisses. I love this age, so much. Starting to get big and show that personality but still so much of a baby. I just keep thinking back to this time last year. Big and pregnant and all. Every June and now October do that to me. What is it about pregnancy that we as women are so obsessed with. I know we spend the majority of the time feeling sick, tired, uncomfortable, completely unattractive...yet still it is absolutely magical. I love to look back at the pictures of myself and remember. Remember the little kicks and jabs, the big round belly, stretched in ways you didn't think were possible. The many nights I would just lay there wondering what he would look like, how he would act, was he going to be feisty or calm. Just all the anticipation that goes along with pregnancy, knowing your life is about to drastically change. I pondered this little guy for so long. He is absolutely everything I ever dreamed he would be. Both of my boys, how lucky am I. Thank my lucky stars each and every day for this little gift of motherhood. It has changed my life. It has defined my life. Given me something that I hold so dear, so sacred. Never knew my heart could hold this much love. My sweet boys, love you more than life itself.

6 comments:

Clemments Family said...

I am totally with you. I hated my last pregnancy, but I love having babies, unfortunately I am done, but I would do it over and over if I could. Lincoln is so cute, I can't believe how much he has changed since the first time we seen him. I can't believe he is going to be one already.

Ashley and Devan said...

What a sweet post. I can't believe he is going to be one. I have loved following his life the past 11 months.
You always look so pretty in every picture. Your hair is looking so long these days!

Candace said...

Oh Teri, he is just so precious! And what a sweet post. You have me in tears!

Eric and Jenny said...

Love it Ter, it's the truth.

I needed this right now, it's so hard being pregnant my worries always get the best of me. BUt it is such a miracle and I love knowing I am carrying a sweet little spirit that will forever change my life. It is such a blessing and a privledge to be a mother. Something we need to never take for granted.

Brittany said...

Teri both your boys are so handsome and adorable! I can see why you are such a proud mom! I wouldn't want them to get older either :)!

Nick and Stacey said...

Seriously he is going to be one...it is so crazy! But what a cute little guy! He always looks so darn happy! I love it!