Well, it happened. It actually happened, the day I have been dreading for the last year actually had the nerve to show up. Tomorrow my sweet baby boy turns 1 year old. More on that later though (deserves its very own post). In the meantime we partied. Yes, we did.
Like I sad Tuesday is the actual birthday, but most of our family couldn't make it that night for a party. So we went for Saturday night instead. We did it small, just our families. We just figured it being close to the holidays and all that we would just keep things low key.
Thiago's mom made a yummy chocolate cake for us adults, but I made this tiny little cupcake cake for my boy. If you can't tell it is supposed to be a one. Very clever right, that is the extent of me baking a cake.
We had french dip, little smolkies, green salad, potato salad, chips and dip...that kinda thing. Thanks family for all your help.
Some of our special guests...
Had to throw this in there, Bujaou learned how to go down the stairs by himself. Which is good considering we have a very big set of stairs. Love to watch him, makes me laugh every time. Simple pleasures.
Lots of fun toys. Already got me thinking about what I am going to get this boy for Christmas. Being my second child, another boy at that, and his birthday being so close to Christmas....well it just doesn't leave me with a whole lot of ideas. We have alot of stuff already from Carson, and I don't want to just buy stuff just to be buying it. What does the kid need, I don't know.
Yep, he loved the cake. Did you think that he wouldn't?? Pounding those cute little fists into fluffy white stuff, smearing it all over, then starting to throw it up in the air. Right up his alley, the messier the better.
What a mess!
Tired little guy, after all that fun.
Next morning...checking out his loot. Not bad, not bad. Now if we could just convince big brother to let him play with his own toys. Carson is having a hard time with the concept of LINCOLN's birthday his toys. Thinks he owns it all.
Thanks to all those that came, love you all and am so grateful to have you as part of my little boys life. And to my little love HAPPY BIRTHDAY>>> what a year it has been!
9 comments:
Wow I can't believe it, Happy Birthday to Lincoln. He is so stinkin cute Teri.
Crazy! Seriously he is one already! Looks like a fun party, and I am very impressed with your 1 cake! Just think 8 cakes is way better than one in a little kids eyes! Cute Cute!
NO WAY IS HE ONE!!!! Didn't we just barely come see you guys in the hospital?? Wow, Teri. . . time flies. He is so stinkin' cute. Looks just like his mommy. What a darling family.
Happy Birthday today little man! What a handsome little guy Lincoln is, I can't believe it has already been a year! Time really does go by to fast!
Looks like a fun party, I love in the one picture everyone watching the soccer game! That is just like Jeff, but with the football game turned on! Gotta love it!
Wow one already, I swear you just posted that you were pregnant with him! He is so cute! Looks like he had a fun day!
Fun night, great party Ter!
Happy Birthday Linc, hope you guys are having a great day today. Welcome to my world of holiday birthdays just be glad his doesn't fall two days after Christmas. Might explain while last year I wrapped a Christmas present and gave it to him for his birthday.
Thanks for the fun party and the great food, it was tons of fun!
I seriously cannot believe he is 1! He is so cute, I love how you let him play in all of his cake, way cute photos!
Already a year?!! Man times!! Your post made me cry. It just felt like he was born I can't believe how fast your second and so on grow up. They seem to be catching up to the first child! Where on earth did you get your shirt? So cute!
Post a Comment