Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm a big kid now!


Well, at least he thinks he is anyways. Switched the boy from his baby seat into a toddler seat. Technically he is supposed to be 20 pounds to make the big switch, and he is only 18.5. However he is just so long, and was so dang squished in there. So he made the move.

He pretty much thought he was king of the car. He cracked me up, sat back there with this goofy little look on his face. He was soooo tired this afternoon while we were out running errands. He was just fighting sleep, but he didn't want to close those baby eyes. All he wanted to do was look around and enjoy his new found freedom. Usually it is such a struggle to get him back in his seat, but today he was more than willing.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Everytime I carry something of his downstairs that he has grown out of, I get that little pain in my heart. The little stab that reminds you that your baby is no longer a baby. I love watching my boy grow into the toddler stage, but I sure do miss my sweet, snuggly little newborn. Good thing my new little niece will be here in less than two weeks. She will hopefully solve my baby fix, cause I sure as heck am not ready for another one of my own yet. Oh, heavens....lifes little milestones. They are just flying on by, for my Lincoln Bujao.

5 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

Your boys remind me so much of Barrick!! Little skinny things, just yesterday Barrick put on Liam's 3-6 month pants and they looked like cute shorts.
That is such a cute picture!!

Clemments Family said...

Oh look at him!!! He is a cutie!!! They grow up way too fast, I have like 5 totes of Lexi's clothes and every once in a while I got through them and just cry.

Eric and Jenny said...

It's so sad how putting away old things of your babies makes your heart just hurt so much. Even though you love the way they are now as big kids it's so easy to miss those baby days. Love little Lincoln in that picture, what a big boy.

Jill said...

What a cute little guy he is I only wish he would come to me. I bet he just loves being able to look out.

TW said...

He did look mighty cute in that seat...happy trails.