At least my kind of camping...Cherry Hill. My uncle is in a little band he formed with fellow members in his ward. They originally performed it at a church talent show when he was in the Bishopric. However, they ended up being really good and every now and then they get together for little performances. Well, this weekend he performed at Cherry Hill. So we get together as a family for an overnighter, swimming and of course the concert. One night of camping with bathrooms is plenty for me. Not really an outdoorsy kinda girl.
Carson LOVED it...I wish I was a camper for his sake, cause he would LOVE going all the time. He loves tents, being outside, and most of all his cousins. I love to watch them together, how great to be a kid.
These two helping each other get there sleeping bags all spread out and ready to go.
Checking out our tent...that the kids later went on to break. Which resulted in a very ornery Thiago, who left our campsite at 11:30 to go find supplies to temporarily fix it. Oh well, we needed a new one anyways. There is no way I can fit three kids in there next year.
Happy little campers!
Sound asleep the next morning.
Had to wait until 10:30 to go swimming, so the kids played hide and seek. Here is Carson counting.
I didn't get hardly any pictures swimming. Thiago had to leave that afternoon, his soccer kids were playing in a tournament and ended up in the finals. They took second place, which is great. Unfortunately I was left with two awfully busy children to keep track of. Lincoln is going through a super fun stage, where his mommy is his only friend. Such fun, and Carson has started a new habit of just taking off whether I am aware of it or not. I had a good time.
Later that night at the concert.
Lincoln was exhausted but do you think that stopped him from running around. Nope, the minute Thiago showed up...I basically threw Lincoln at him, and said he's all yours.
The band "Flashback"!!
Carson, Tanner, and Hallie front row Joe's...they were cheering the band on, yelling out cute little comments and everything.
And Lincoln Bejoano clapping away.
It was such a fun weekend, kind of a goodbye to summer, probably the last real summery getaway we will have. Thanks family!
5 comments:
Your family always does the funnest things! I'm not a camping kind of gal either, but that sure did look like fun!
I still think it's funny I missed Thiago's fit about the tent, I must have been getting the donuts or something. Oh well you could use a bigger one anyway....just buy a new one, easier said than done, seeing as how I just borrow one! Sorry Theo couldn't be there swimming, that is a hard thing to do with two kids and only one parent. Good time though!
Looks like a fun time! You guys are so good about getting out there and doing things, even if it doesnt sound like your idea of fun! You look super cute in that hat...love it! I cannot believe you are having another boy...what fun for your three boys to be as good of friends as you and your sisters are! Its funny you asked about Faye and the potty thing...I was going to write about that but it slipped my mind! Crazy thing, she didnt get much better at my moms, but since we have been home she hasnt had a single problem with it! I guess all of the excitement she couldnt handle it!
I still can't quit laughing about the little ones and their getting down with the music...they truly have the moves and the beat...no wonder they both fell asleep. Fun times as always....THANKS
I love Cherry Hills, but I have never camped there, maybe one year I will. Looks like a ton of fun and I love the whole idea of a shower and bathroom and not in the woods or lake kind of thing.
Post a Comment