Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My "Baby"







who really isn't a baby anymore. I was looking back through my recent posts and realized something. Carson has been hogging this blog. Not intentionally, I guess he just has had a lot going on. Being the oldest and all he is always out experiencing new things, which of course requires a post. My baby Bejaou is getting a little left out. So I decided to snap a few pictures of my feisty little mister today....after all today he is exactly 21 months old.

I know I have mentioned many times that this kid gives me a run for my money. He tests me, and tests me and tests me. I can't tell you how many times a day I want to just scream....as loud as I can, maybe throw a bit of a temper tantrum myself (show him, he is not the only one that can do that.) He does things Carson never even dreamed about doing, I truly didn't know kids came like this. He is such a handful, I am constantly asking myself how I am going to have the patience to raise him. I am a true believer in different parenting styles for each kid....cause my kids are night and day.

However, as trying as this little boy is.....he is absolutely endearing at the same time. Its not so much that he is naughty, he is just so incredibly curious and doesn't understand boundaries and limitations. Along with all that, he has the absolute sweetest little heart. I have never met someone I wanted to just pull my hair out one second, and the next second he is giving me that little look that just melts my heart. He is such a cuddly, snuggly, lovable little boy. And my goodness sakes, he loves his mama. My favorite time of the day is early, early morning. He usually wakes up in his crib around 5:00 or so, and we always go and get him and bring him to our bed. He is so cute, cause he squirms around until he finds me, then he snuggles right in next to me. With his little arm around me I might add and falls right back to sleep. With our heads next to each other. I love it, it is the perfect start to my day. Makes me forget, just for a moment the previous day....when he screamed the entire way through the grocery store cause he didn't want to be trapped in the cart. I choose to ignore the fact that he got into my mascara and left a big black stain all over my bathroom rug. The fact that I can't even walk outside without him running straight for the road. Yeah, I forgot all those things in those early hours of the morning as I lay there next to my little baby.

So trying as he is, I am trying to soak up every minute I have with him these next 5 months while he remains "my baby". I feel sad sometimes thinking I am jipping him of this time. I had 3 1/2 years with it being just Carson and I, I feel like I gave him everything I had. Now I got this time with Lincoln for just 2 short years, until the next one comes along. I worry thinking there won't be enough of me to go around, that I won't be able to give all that these precious little ones of mine require. I'm sure we will be fine, just feeling a little sentimental I guess. Anyways, love you so much Lincoln....you will always be my baby Bejaou.

5 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Ter you sure have written some beautiful posts these last few weeks. Those pictures are gorgeous, boy he is a delightful kid, love that boy. Great post. What are you going to do about the mascara problem?

The Mashy Family said...

He is such a little handful for you isn't he but he is so cute!!!! Can't wait to see you all next week at the fair. Gehrig is very excited!

Maria said...

Yes Yes he is a busy little bujono
my goodness he is the most smart little boy, I speak portuguese and he knows every single frase when I talk to him, but of course he smile and keep doing whatever with a smile he gives me love, oh well
What happens at vovos house stays at
vovos house right
Love you Lincoln you always be my baby boujono

Vovo

Aleese and Scott said...

He sounds EXACTLY like my Barrick!! Such a handful but so fun!! He is adorable!

Ashley and Devan said...

You can just see it on his face that he is mischevious, but also so so very sweet. My Hunter was and still is exactly that way.. always doing things other kids didn't think of and always getting into some sort of trouble. But I couldn't imagine it any other way, just as I'm sure you couldnt.