Here we go again...feels like I just did his 3 month post. Now he is 4 months old. Tear. I can't believe it, I am feeling extra sentimental cause yesterday (May 23) it was exactly a year that I found out the little guy was on his way. Now that seems crazy, it has been a whole year since we found out that our little surprise would soon be joining our family. He was such a shock, but I just can't imagine our lives without him. He is the perfect little piece to our puzzle, and we love him so.
1 month...
2 months..
3 months..
and 4 months.
Caught a few smiles from my little bug, just a few. He was smiling up a storm, but the minute that big black camera is shoved in his face, all smiles fade. He returns to my somber little guy, looking at the camera suspicously. Guess I don't blame him.
Oh heck, he just melts me.
Here's a little recap of his month...all the adventures he has been up to.
The most chill baby EVER. My heavens he is one content little soul. I was cleaning the downstairs one day and he layed there on the ottoman for over an hour. Just cooing away. Looking all cute as he did so. I had to stop every 2 minutes to sneak over and give him a kiss and drink in his delicious baby smell. (Yeah, don't judge us...it is the middle of the day and the little guy is still in pj's. Sometimes thats how we roll around here.)
Loves his little activity mat. He hasn't even really discovered the toys yet, he kinda just sits there and stares at them. Occasionally he will try and swat at one, but for the most part he just lays there staring, blinking those big brown eyes.
He can actually be kinda moody with his bumbo though. Sometimes he likes it, sometimes he doesn't. He loves to sit up and watch the boys play. He likes the commotion of it all. However, if it is just me and him (which lets be honest, how often does that happen) he doesn't like it so much. Fusses and tries to buck himself out.
Loves to have conversations with his daddy. Nobody can get him to talk and laugh quite the way his dad does. He just coos and coos and flat out laughs. It is adorable. I love the way his eyes just shine when you start to talk to him. He just lights up from the attention.
Still remains a victim to Lincoln's shenanigans. Walked into the room to find him wearing Lincoln's sunglasses. It was just me and the babies at home (Cars was at school), and I know I didn't put them on him. Which leaves Lincoln. Who then came charging into the room saying "look, baby Drake, I did, I did it". Then he laughed. And I laughed too.
Through it all though, they truly love each other. Lincoln surprised me. I thought for sure he would need to adjust to baby Drake. We thought it was going to be rough for awhile. However, my boy has done me proud. Oh how he loves his baby brother. Drake has almost turned into a security for Lincoln. Whenever Lincoln is sad or tired or crying he loves to cuddle up to his baby brother. As in laying right smack next to him, with his arms around him and their little heads together. Pretty much the sweetest thing ever.
Look at that stare big brother is getting. He knows they are best of friends.
Loves to be cuddled. Especially by Aunt Ashy. He knows she is a sucker for him. I will be the first to admit, there are times I let my little munchkin cry it out. If I have just fed him, and he is dry, and he is not sleepy then I let him fuss. I am a busy girl and can't coddle to him every minute. Whenever Ash is around though, the first peep out of him and she just swoops him up. And let me tell you, he milks it for all its worth. He loves that Ashy.
Has discovered his hands. He sucks away. Rather loudly might I add.
Has also discovered my hair. I totally love it. Everytime I am nursing him he just plays with the ends of my hair. His little touch is so soft though. Always makes me so sleepy. Sweet boy.
Speaking of sleep. He is the best. Takes at least 2 if not 3 decent sized naps each day and basically sleeps through the night. Gives me a good 6-7 hour stretch, wakes up for one quick feeding and is back asleep within minutes. The kid is a dream.
My dream. And I love him.
Happy 4 months baby, mama loves you!
7 comments:
i love how you write. you bring out the momma sentimental feelings in me too, when i read your blog. You're so cute and loving and its precious how you talk about your boys. I guess i like it so much because it reminds me of my love for my little B. Can i adopt you as a sister?! you and your sisters seem so close. i envy that!
He sounds like the perfect baby! His eyes are beautiful, they look so deep...I think I'd stare into his beautiful eyes and wonder what he's thinking about. Love the glasses, that Lincoln is too funny!
I could just eat him up!!! He surely is growing way too fast and getting cuter by the month. Lincoln just cracks me up...but you already know that.
That picture of him in the glasses is so funny, Lincoln leave it to him. Did you notice in that picture of Ash how much that looks like you, if you hadn't said it as Ash I would have thought that was you kissing Drake. Crazy you can tell how much we all look alike from our profiles I think.
Loved the post as always. Little buddy I have never met a more even tempered little fella, he is as good as gold that guy.
I just love his coloring, he is perfect!!! So glad you have a good baby!!!
LOVE IT! Nixon has that same little brother shirt...one of my favorites! Oh ter he is absolutely adorable! Love that little guy, and I have not even met him! You have got the most beautiful boys ever! 4 months...really where does this time go?
I just had to pop in and say hello and that I still exist.
I love how cute and sweet he is, and love that you're loving every second. It can change overnight it seems.... I can't believe my baby boy is about to turn two! he's a turkey too, man he runs me ragged!!! Keep doin what you're doin girl - you guys make adorable babies!
Post a Comment