Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm Outnumbered...


Thiago came home from work the other day with these bad boys. The small one is for Lincoln, the middle for Carson and the big one...well thats for him. I don't know who was more excited, Thiago or the boys.


As I walked into the room and was greeted with this little sight, it occured to me. I am completely outnumbered.


Yep, completely. Now keep in mind I grew up with all sisters. Just us three girls and our mom. I knew nothing of this "boy world", until I got married and started popping out these little men. I don't see the thrill in dart guns, I roll my eyes when they tell me they can't find one of their darts. That means it is lost in my clean house somewhere. This little incident got my head spinning and I started seeing the signs all around me, the ones that clearly state I am a mother to boys.



This lovely piece has taken up residence in my front room. I think it blends it perfectly with the other decor. Really sets the mood I was going for.


Like seeing this ball randomly placed in with my decorations. Thank-you boys...at least they haven't broken anything yet.


That Easter bunny was really thinking on that basketball hoop. My little ball players really love it.


Especially this one....whether it is 7:00 in the morning and he has just woken up....


or in the middle of the afternoon as I am trying to get him out of the house for some errands...



or right before bedtime. This is where he can be found. Practicing his shots.


I gotta admit, he's pretty good.

Other boy factors...


Can't walk down my hallway without getting ran over by some type of truck. I get no warning either, they just plow me over.


Every extra-curricular activity we attend, now or later, will always be sports related. Maybe one of them will take up something musical...here's hoping.


Every afternoon spent outdoors, results in little knees looking something like this...


grass stains, or this


scratches and scrapes.


And don't let this one fool you. He make look innocent now. However, every time he lets out a burp or a you know what (which is often), all three of my other boys laugh and laugh and talk about it for the next 10 minutes. And you can bet their dad is the one laughing the hardest.

Yes, indeed I live in a house full of boys.

We went to the park today and as I loaded up my littles in the car I couldn't help but notice a few things. Their wind blown hair, their red chapped cheeks, their little bums all covered in dirt from the hill they just slid down, the sand I emptied out of their shoes. I laughed as I thought about it. Me, I am as girly as they come. Not one little ounce of tomboy in me, yet I am raising a bunch of boys. The only pink to ever enter this household will be mine. Mine is a life of bugs, dirt, cars, balls, trains and so much more. Yes, as comical as it is....as I looked at those three little faces of the ones I call mine. The thought entered my mind, that I wouldn't have it any other way. Just me and my boys, how lucky am I!

10 comments:

Clemments Family said...

This post made me smile. I grew up with all girls also and so having a boy was a whole new world, I found out things in Jaxon's first year of life that I never imagined. I find myself shaking my head because my boys have never owned a pair of pants without ripping a hole in the knee. But I love my boys! And I do think you are pretty lucky!

Genn said...

Cute post Teri. Lucky and blessed indeed. I thing girly girls make great moms to boys. I'm sure you are a fantastic example to them already of what kind of girl they will look for one day.

Taylor's mom said...

Oh I laughed out loud on this one! How cute are you?!!! And - you're getting me ready for what I can expect. The funny thing is, I could say I have my girl to off set the boy toys - BUT, Taylor LOVES to play with his toys more than hers! Crazy - she's just like her mommy! Ü

The Mashy Family said...

yes you are definately out numbered aren't ya!!! But oh how adorable those boys of yours are. I love that Thiago seriously went out and bought himself that gun to play with the boys. so wonderful! What a great father!

Eric and Jenny said...

Look at that gun it's like a machine it's so big, Theo what a dork!

This makes me laugh and laugh and laugh some more to think he spent money on all of that crap. What a cute dad. Then there's Ash being pelted by him and Cars walking in the door, priceless would have loved to have seen that.

You are outnumbered that's for sure, but those three boys are sure lucky to have you as their momma. Love your little men, all four of them!

dc_stewart said...

I love this post!! Boys are so much fun and your boys are such cute litt le guys!! I LOVE the nerf guns Scotty will be jealous he wants to get some for him and Barrick. So fun!!

Aleese and Scott said...

Sorry that was me I was signed in on Scottys account.

Shanna said...

you have one of the funnest houses on the block i bet!! your little drake is getting cuter and cuter each post you do. you have very handsome boys teri!

Nick and Stacey said...

For some reason I cannot see the words on your blog with the computer I am using but. I got a big kick out of all the pictures, can't wait to hear all the stories of those pictures this weekend when I get back to my regular computer. Really is Lincoln that big, he is just looking more and more like a little boy

TW said...

Outnumbered...but in a good way for sure. Think of all the spoiling you will get from all those boys, especially as they start growing into young men. Lucky girl.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!