Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Day


Had every intention of getting this post done yesterday......and then our power went out. Right as I was sitting down to type it up. So instead, me and my oldest snuggled in with some books and a flashlight and called it a night. Oh well, what difference does a day make. Here it is...my Mothers Day.


Started out nice and early with this little one.




Just laying there....cooing away. He was oh so delightful, all snuggled in my bed with nothing but a onesie. Don't ya want to just kiss him up, don't worry I did.




Look at those little legs go. What a sweetie!


Why does everything seem extra precious on Mothers Day??



Something as simple as watching this boy play gets me all teary eyed.


Or the way Carson hugged my leg when he woke up. There I sat on my bed, feeding the baby while doing my mascara (I am a great multi-tasker, as women we kinda have to be) all while receiving some mothers day loves. Very nice.


Had to teach nursery that day, so I made up some little cards at the last minute for the kids to give their moms. It was such a surprise when I received Lincoln's. Haha.


Then it was off to church.


I decided this year to invite both our moms over to our house for dinner. And of course my sisters. We all brought our own meat to grill and then each brought a side or a dessert. That way not one mom was stuck doing all the cooking. Worked out nice. My job was brownies.


Don't let this picture fool you. Thiago just thought it looked like fun to pour the frosting on. He was begging me, so I let him. He didn't actually make them.


Yum!


Opening my little present that Cars made me at preschool. A little magnet with his picture on it. He has had it since Wednesday and has been dying to give it me. I made him wait, didn't stop him from telling me what it was though. Not much of a surprise there.


Poor Thiago, he had a million ideas of what to get me and I shot them all down. I am having this little item for my house put together and it ended up costing more than I thought. So it has to be my mothers day present. I will show you it once I get it back, its well worth it though. I'm going to love it. Unfortunately that meant no other gifts. Oh well.


Best gift of all, watching these little sweeties together.


This is the goofiest little outfit for Mr. Drake. However, it is so goofy that I can't help but love it. Just makes me smile.


Ahh, sweet boys.


Carson's cards he made for Grandma and Vovo, with a little help from dad.


Mommy and me.


Stupid weather. Was originally supposed to be nice that day, then it decided to rain. So we grilled in the garage, whatever I guess.


My mom and her gift.


What I gave Maria (this is what she wanted).


What Maria gave me. How sweet is she. Here comes my flowers people...this week!!!



Now before you all start thinking that my day sounded pretty much perfect and what a nice little life I have. Let me show you otherwise....cause here is how my day ended.



Lincoln with a black eye. Honestly, only Lincoln. We can't make it through a holiday without some major event. If you recall the last time this happened he fell off a barstool. Well, guess what. It happened the same way again. One minute he is sitting, the next he is screaming bloody murder from the floor. It swelled up instantly. I freaked out as always (I am so good at staying calm and collected in these types of situations.) Oh happy day, pretty much ruined my night. Poor baby, just broke my heart every time I looked at him. This picture was taken the next day after some of the swelling had gone down.



This last picture however, makes me feel happy. The next day, Monday, I was having a bad day. Nothing major, I was just feeling sad. Mostly about Lincoln's eye. Every time I would look at him I would want to cry. I felt guilt, and just sick about the whole thing. I know these things happen and we can't always prevent them. However, they just happen ALOT with him and it makes me feel like a crappy mom. Anywho, I had talked on the phone to Thiago a few times that day and been near tears each time. It was rainy and yucky outside, Carson had a field trip that we were late getting to. Once we got there, everyone kept talking about Lincoln's eye, Drake wouldn't quit crying. I just felt stupid and incompetent. Not to mention dragging three kids and a stroller through the rain pretty much sucks.

Well, later on that day, Thiago gets home from work with this tiny little thing of flowers. He said I know you told me not to get any but I couldn't help it. I knew you were having a bad day, and he just wanted me to feel happy.

I did feel happy. It is one thing to get them on Mothers Day when it is expected. However, it meant the most to me that he was so intune with my feelings and wanted to do something to cheer me up and let me know how much I mean to him. I can't even stand how much I love this guy. He is so good to me. I never question my worth, all I have to do is look in his eyes and they tell me all I need to know.

Thanks honey, for making me feel like the most loved lady in all the world. I love you!

8 comments:

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you! What a great post! POwer outages are the worst where there's so many things I'd rather be doing that sitting in the dark - glad you got to enjoy some quality time with your little guy.

I have a weakness for babies in onesies. Like a dead serious onesie. It will take everything I have to dress my baby someday in more than just those adoable little one pieces! I do just want to kiss Drake all over, he's so adorable... and so are your other boys!!

Too bad about the black eye, you aren't a ible or incompetent mother! You are human and accidents happen. It's not like you don't have a million things going on at once all the time I'm sure. I bet it's still hard to see, but the flowers sure are pretty!

Genn said...

Glad you had a nice mothers day Teri!
That gardening bag is SO cute! Have fun plating those flowers. :)

The Carnahan's said...

Happy Mothers Day Teri! You are such a cute mom, I know how much you adore your boys! I love that picture with you and all 3 of them, so cute! I can relate on feeling guilty but it's not your fault. Thiago is so sweet to bring you flowers, how thoughtful is that! I'm glad you all had a great day, sorry it ended on a bad note. You are a wonderful mother and shouldn't have to think otherwise, your boys are lucky to have you as their mom!

Clemments Family said...

Lincoln looks way good in orange. His poor eye, it will be okay, I remember the first time Jax got hurt, I bawled all day and night. He is still cute with his black eye.

Happy Mother's Day friend, you are an amazing Mom. And how cute of Thiago, your guys love for each other hasn't changed, just gotten stronger.

And Drake, I think he looks darling in his outfit. Loved all the pictures

Ashley and Devan said...

You are such a great Mom. I am so glad you had a great Mothers Day. Sorry about Lincolns black eye, poor boy.
And I just have to say what a beautiful baby Drake is. Your kids are all adorable though. Seeing little Drake though makes me want a third.

Eric and Jenny said...

You keep saying that outfit of Drake's is so funny, but honestly I really loved it. It made those big brown eyes of his appear even huger than they already were.

Stop feeling bad about Lincoln, he is just an accident prone kid. Honestly watching him it's a wonder he doesn't get hurt more often the way he goes and goes and goes.....

Sweet Theo that has got to be one of the most thoughtful things he could have done. You are right anybody can think of it on Mother's Day the day after just priceless. Good job Theo!

TW said...

A great day for a great Mom. I loved all your pictures...you captured some good stuff there.

How's the boys eye doing? How's the TV doing? Boy that boy is a delight.

The Mashy Family said...

Happy Mothers Day to a wonderful mother!! Your little boys are very adorable and you are so blessed. Thiago is looking nice and slim!!! He is such a sweetheart to you guys. Did you guys get my dad's letter about the cabin?