Tuesday, May 17, 2011

8 years!

"Oh How The Years Go By"


Just starting out..

2003


In our time of trouble, We only had ourselves
Nobody else, No one was there to save us
We had to save ourselves


2004


And when the storms came through, they found me and you
back together
And when the sun would shine, it was yours and mine
Yours and mine forever


2005


Oh how the years go by. Oh how the love brings tears to my eyes.
All through the changes, the soul never dies.
We fight, we laugh, we cry
As the years go by.


2006


There were times we stumbled. They thought they had us down.
We came around. How we rolled and rambled. We got lost and we got found.
Now we're back on solid ground.


2007


We took everything, all our times would bring.
In this world of danger, cause when your heart is strong
You know you're not alone, in this world of strangers.


2008


Oh how the years go by, oh how the love brings tears to my eyes.
All through the changes, the soul never dies
We fight, we laugh, we cry
As the years go by


2009


If we lose our way, any night or day
Well, we'll always be
I'm there for you and I know you're there for me


2010


As the years go by
You know you're not alone
In this world of strangers


2011


Oh how the years go by, oh how the love brings tears to my eyes
All through the changes, the soul never dies
We fight, we laugh, we cry
As the years go by.

8 years love, can you believe it?? Who would have thought all those years ago, there we were two little sixteen year olds. On again, off again, then on again and back and forth. Til the day we decided this must be the real thing. May 17, 2003 was the happiest day of my life, knealing across from you at that alter. Knowing you were mine forever and always. Then came along June 21, 2005, November 17, 2008 and finally January 24, 2011....the days I became a mom to those little parts of you. Now we are something so much bigger than just the two of us. Look at this little life we've created, look at these little spirits that have entered our home.

Heaven knows I love those kids, but there is someone in this world I love more than that. My life starts and ends with you. You are my whole lifes happiness. I had no idea all those years ago just what kind of guy I was getting. I can't believe how much I love you, how much I rely on you, how much I need you. There are so many trials and tribulations in this life, how grateful I am to know that my marriage isn't one of them. I have my flaws, you have your flaws...yet together we are perfection. We make it work, every day we make it work.

I love you more with every passing minute. My commitment to you grows stronger and stronger each and every day. You are my other half and the one that I am traveling through this life with.

I love you.
Happy Anniversary

Your girl.

7 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Yikes! I can't see through my tears, I am such a sap, I just love love stories and yours is so fantastic. What a great post, I adore that little family of yours.

You and Theo have a love that a lot of people admire. I know you have ups and downs just like the rest of us, but honestly I never see you two raise a voice to each other ever. Do you ever fight, ever? Cause truly as your twin and closest friend....ahem....next to Theo of course, I rarely know of a time when you are angry with each other. Thanks for the beautiful example of a happy marriage, love you both so much.

The Carnahan's said...

So sweet! I enjoyed looking at how your family has grown through the past 8 years! You guys are such a cute couple and make such cute kids!!! What a great love story and an inspiration. Happy Anniversary!

Genn said...

Cute post Teri!
You are so pretty. Loved all the old pictures. You guys are a cute couple. Happy Anniversary!

Bentleys said...

Love you guys!! So cute and in love awwww :)

Clemments Family said...

So cute, I love all the pictures. You guys have grown so much and I think you two are great role models to what a good relationship/marriage is all about. Happy Anniversary Teri and Thiago!!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Wow! Great post! EIGHT years is fantastic! Your post exudes (? I think that's the word I'm looking for!) love, family, passion - you are inspirational! Happy Anniversary... I'm right behind you... two years down ;)

Ashley and Devan said...

Wow... Eight years!!! Happy Anniversary. You two have such a great marriage and really do make such a wonderful couple. You have created such a beautiful little family. Makes me happy to know how happy you are.