Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012



I loved Easter this year. Loved it. I think a big part of that was our weather. I can't remember the last time we have had such a lovely easter day. It was sunny and warm and felt so very spring like. Everywhere you looked was blossoms and blooms. You combine that with new Easter clothes, good food and family and it is a perfect day!!


The boys' woke up to a visit from the Easter bunny. New bikes for Carson and Linc and a bubble blowing machine for the baby. Once again, it appears the baby got the short end of the stick. Thats how it goes when your are the baby and are too little to catch on to that kind of thing.


They also got a combined basket full of a few treats. Gatorade for the big boys, Gerber juice for the baby, gummy bears, KitKat, and Reeses and little boxes of goldfish.


Carson was beyond excited. The poor kid was having some serious bike issues. For one thing, his old one was way too small. He looked like a total idiot hunched over this tiny bike and then to make matters worse it had a flat tire. The same thing happened once before and we tried to replace it. Well, not try, we did. However because it was so small they had to order it in and the dang tire cost almost as much as the bike. Needless to say, we weren't going down that road again. Instead of handing it down to Linc, we just whispered to the Easter bunny that they both could use a new one. Cars thought he was getting one for his birthday in June, he had no idea he would get one for Easter. Great success.



Lincoln was too excited to finally get a big boy bike of his own. Took him a few minutes to get the hang of pedaling, however Thiago took them outside before church and he had it mastered in no time.


Drake was perfectly pleased with his bug bubble machine. He has no idea that his prize values at alot less then his brothers. haha.



I got to actually take my time getting ready since Thiago took all three boys outside. Nothing better then getting ready with your window open and hearing the laughter of your boys trickle in through the window. One of those moments that you just feel happy to be alive. Ya know those moments.


Ironed up the boy's Easter blues....


All ready to go...Carson


Lincoln


and Drake. How freaking cute does he look, and I am happy to report that his skin color is still absolutely delightful. The kid has been inside all winter long and he looks like he has a tan. Finally, one of my kids take after their dad rather than being pasty white like me. Ha!


Yep, they're pretty handsome.


And of course I need a new Easter outfit as well. New spring dress.


We're off to church.


Got home and hurried to change our clothes, cause my mama's house was waiting.


Have I mentioned I love my mama's house...cause I do.


Our dinner was so good. Ham, baked potatoes, fresh veggies, green salad, homemade rolls, deviled eggs....I ate myself into oblivion.


So did Drake....isn't he funny in this picture. Sitting there with his hands all tucked in like that.



Banana cake for dessert.


Then we headed outside.








My mom has the best driveway ever. It is huge and circular and on a slant which makes for great bike/scooter riding. The kids live out there during the warm months.




And of course we ended the day with a huge egg hunt. Over like 150 eggs for 8 little kids, really 7 if you exclude Drake in my moms HUGE yard. It was pretty grand and made for some happy kids.


That was our Easter, makes me happy again just looking at the pictures. It was a really good day.

3 comments:

Genn said...

Sounds like such a nice day.
Loved all your pics and reading about it.
You looked adorable as usual.
Cute Easter blues on your boys.
And new bikes, what a fun gift!
:)

Eric and Jenny said...

I'm in love with Drakey bugs outfit, where in the world did you get that? What a handsome little fella, I wish you had brought him to moms in that so I could have kissed his squishy cheeks in that delightful little getup.

What a happy Easter it was, the best I have had in quite a few years, I think the weather definitley had a play in that!

Clemments Family said...

So fun, new bikes are always a blast. That cake looks amazing and your boys look as handsome as ever.