Friday, April 6, 2012

Pre-Easter


Happy Easter Weekend. We got a small snow flurry going on right now, but don't you worry folks. Its only here for today. Tomorrow is nice, and Easter Sunday is even nicer. Almost 70 and pure sunshine. I'll take that. I gotta say, I am pretty freaking excited this year, the Easter Bunny gave me heads up on his plan for my boys' and it is pretty dang cool. They are going to flip their lids and I can't wait to see it. Me and Thiago are like two giddy little kids, we just can't wait. Hoping their reactions are as good as we have pictured in our minds. Ha!


Following tradition we met up with our little cousins for some Easter traditions. Crafting, egg-dying, and an easter egg hunt. We did it on Wednesday and the day could not have been more beautiful. I was actually hot outside. Here is a look at the fun.





My only child that will actually pose for a picture with me, Lincoln looked at me like "uh-no" and Drake squirmed to be put down. Thanks Cars!!



Oh boy...a whole basket of brightly colored Easter eggs. This kid had died and gone to heaven. Kept him happy for a full hour. I had to go through and empty some of them though, he was trying to eat through all the wrappers. Can't have that.


Ash came up with a cute little paper chick craft she saw on pinterest...Cars was all over that.


Lincoln was too, here he sits watching the others create theirs while he chomps on a strawberry laffy taffy (or tappy tappy) as he calls them.


Then he got bored and wandered over in search of more "tappy tappy". I put a stop to that. (But first I took a picture)


Drake sat at our feet with a play phone. He knows just what to do with it too.


There's the chick (cute isn't it, the feathers...not so much. Cute and all, not fun to clean up. Not fun at all.)


This little chick took a siesta, a much needed siesta. He was getting pretty grouchy.




On to the egg dying. I can't even tell you how anticipated this event was for Carson. The kid couldn't sleep the night before, he was so busy contemplating his color schemes and what not. I tell you these little parties are all worth it for this one little boy. He is greatly appreciative towards these types of projects. I love it.



and here is Lincoln, pantless. You see, when everyone else was gathering for the egg dying, Lincoln thought it would be a better idea to climb up on Carson's already made bunkbed and contiue to throw all of his nice toys off the top of it. Which is absolutely, 100% NOT allowed. In the midst of all his fun, he also decided to pee his pants. Cause ya know why the heck would he stop all of his disobedient behavior to go to the bathroom. And my wrath comes out. I was mad. I repeat, I was mad.


Lincoln took a timeout, I took a timeout. I then gave him a hug and kiss, told him I loved him, and he better not do that again and we joined the egg dying.



Admiration for all his eggs, we aren't allowed to eat them, touch them, look at them, rearrange them...no they are off limits to all except Carson.


and the hunt. Littles go first, then the bigger kids.



(look who's wearing new pants)






and thats a party my friends. Good day.

Happy Easter weekend to all of you. Go eat some peeps...

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

Yes we accidentally ate two of Lance's eggs yesterday while he was gone. Wow was he ever made and then I threw away a Jazz sticker Eric got for him at the game the other night and he was even madder. His sweet homecoming was not what I had envisioned!

Lincoln I still laugh at the sound of you yelling at him, oh it's just so funny when it's not your kid. But fear not I have a yelling problem myself. You know me and my temper, it's comes out way too much!