Monday, April 30, 2012

Last April Weekend

Wow...last day of April. How does this happen, it was seriously just Christmas. And tomorrow is May 1st. Life just doesn't slow down. We ended the month with a pretty fun weekend. It was busy of course, but a good one.
Friday night, I met up with this lovely lady (please excuse her in this picture, we took 3 and this was seriously the best one...she has some serious, sensitive eye issues. The girl would wear permanent sunglasses if it was acceptable)
These two aren't bothered by the flash, they look perfectly lovely. The four of us met up for a quick dinner together (no kids)
where I ate this...fresh mozerella sandwich with red onions, basil, and tomatoes...yum! We then went and saw "Lucky One" with Zac Efron. I loved it, then again this is my kind of a movie. My sisters and mom always make fun of me cause I am probably not the best movie critic out there. I am pretty simple minded and usually go for the silly romance shows. Action bores me, thriller/drama is too much to think about and comedies usually aren't my kind of humor. I absolutely despise any movie with Jim Carey/Adam Sandler etc. Not my kind of humor... This movie was right up my alley. We had a great night.
Saturday mornings are always spent on the soccer field. My Carson is making some serious improvement, he usually ends up making a goal a game (which is really good for him), this week he actually made 2. And the second one was totally awesome, required some major skill. He was so proud of himself and so were we.
Next we headed home to deal with this sad thing. Let me tell you a story about a tree. Very sad. We ripped up most of our landscaping when we first moved into this house 2 1/2 years ago. We bought this tree and I was in love with it. It did very well that first summer, and then last summer it ran into some serious issues. A few of my flowers and such had some issues with spider mites, we hired a pest company to start spraying every 6 weeks. Most everything came out of it except for this tree. It killed off half of the tree. It was near the end of the summer, so I decided to just leave it be and see what happened in the spring. Well, this is how it looked...half a tree. So sad. So we pulled out, headed to J and J nursery and came home with a new one.
And here she is, much better. I am telling you people, I lost some serious sleep over this poor tree incident. I was seriously so upset about it. I know, I have issues. All is right in the world again, my tree no longer looks pathetic.
We also picked up some garden soil and steer maneur. I like to mix that deep, dark soil and fertilizer into my existing dirt. Just jam packs it with extra nutrients so my flowers will do that much better. You gotta get it mixed in, then give it a few weeks before you plant to let it settle. My mama taught me this little trick...she's got a green thumb.
We then headed inside, got the boys cleaned up and loaded up our stuff to head out for the evening.
It was my father in laws birthday that day and we met up with family for dinner at Red Lobster.
I have not been there in I don't know how long, tasted pretty good though..
this is all that was left on my plate.
We then headed to Davis Lanes and put our bowling shoes on.
Well the boys did, not me. I don't enjoy bowling. Shocking right, I am so athletic and coordinated and all..ha!
My boys love it though. Absolutely love it. Pretty sure it is Lincoln boy's idea of a perfect evening. He was seriously going nutso through dinner waiting to get to the bowling alley. Fun was had by all. We went with the Cano's and another old family friend and Carson and their little girl got along perfectly. They had so much fun.
Sunday afternoon after church, I threw together our favorite summer salad and met up with the Cano's again for dinner.
We had cake for this birthday boy,
and spent the rest of the evening outside riding bikes. It was a lovely weekend. Perfect end to April. Happy May 1st!

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Wow seriously? I don't think I realized that picture was so bad of me when I looked at it on your camera, otherwise I would have vetoed you using it on here. That is one ugly picture!

The tree I just laugh and laugh knowing how worked up you got about that thing. Let me ask you something does my yard give you hives then? The horrid state it is in, honestly I know it's not really that bad but I seem to lack the green thumb the rest of you have.

Bentleys said...

Looks like you guys are having fun!!! You make me laugh and if I was Jen I would kill you lol