First things first.....ta da!!!
My honey got a new car. Well, not totally new but new to us. Its a 2008 Honda Accord and we are feeling pretty happy with it.
Isn't she pretty?? Poor honey, this car has been a long time coming. He has basically driven a clunker since we've had Carson. He has always wanted me and the kids to have the nice car, and 2 hefty car payments wasn't really in our budget so he just drove an old 98 Chevy Malibu. It treated us well and we really packed the miles on that thing, but I knew the minute he got his promotion the first thing we needed to do was get him a decent car. So we did...and he's happy.
The kids' favorite part is the sunroof, my favorite part is the heated leather seats (Theo likes to freeze me out while we are driving, he likes the air on even when its snowing outside)and Thiago's favorite part is the radio controls on the steering wheel (very convenient).
Awwww, he looks so cute in there. We are going to tint the windows still but you get the general idea. The only other thing we need to do is get rid of that stupid Corinthians ball hanging from his rearview mirror. (Ha-ha...just kidding babe, well sort of kidding.) He loves that thing and no matter what I say he has assured me that it is staying.
Okay, next up....
we got a trampoline.
Cannot even tell you the joy this has brought into my children's lives. They are crazy in love with this thing and literally spend half of their day out there (which in turn makes me in love with this thing, ha). My dear neighbors (ya know, the ones that moved) bought this tramp not even a year ago and decided it was to big of a hassle to pack up so they asked us if we would like to buy it for a ridiculously low price. Heck yes! It is seriously so much fun. Have you guys jumped on a tramp lately, I mean really jumped. I kinda go nuts back there (surrounded by the trees and fence of my yard of course). It is a blast, makes you feel like a kid again. We love it.
K, this next thing is probably only interesting to me. I am sure you guys could care less but for documenting purposes...
all 3 boys made the big carseat upgrade. They were all ready to move on to the next size, I was just waiting for Drakey bug to reach 20 pounds. He still hasn't. Close enough. So here is Cars in his booster seat.
Lincoln in the semi booster (or whatever you want to call it)
and Drake in his forward facing toddler seat. This is a big deal people, I am telling you. This kid thinks he is really something. I mean walking AND a forward facing seat. He is cool stuff right now. He absolutely loves it. I love looking back there and seeing that little face staring back at me in my rearview. The other day Cars was at school and Lincoln was playing at my sister's house so it was just the little chub and I,running a few errands together. I had got him a small Chick-fil-a kids meal at the mall and sat there feeding it to him in the food court. He is kinda slow though and we needed to hussle to go pick up Carson. So I loaded him up and just decided to hand him the rest of his food as we were driving. So I did. Glanced in my rearview to see this cute little face staring back at me with cheeks stuffed full of chicken and 2 giant waffle fries in each hand. He saw me and immediately got this goofy grin on his face. It was classic...love that little monkey.
And last but not least, my new read. Kelle Hampton's "Bloom". Have you guys heard of this? Do you know who Kelle Hampton is?? She is seriously my all time favorite blogger, she is positively inspirational. She is not only beautiful herself but has the 2 sweetest little daughters I have ever seen. And to make it even sweeter, her little Nella who is now 2 was unexpectedly born with Down Syndrome. Her book "Bloom" is a memoire on her experience since Nella has been born and all that it has taught her. She talks about finding beauty in the unexpected. I have been reading her blog for over a year now. She not only is an amazing writer but also takes the most beautiful pictures. She is the kind of person that is constantly looking for the beauty in everything. Such as a new box of crayons, sunsets with her daughters, homemade apple pie. She finds the joy and laughter in every situation and is so talented at sharing that through her blog. I enjoy her blog so much and knew I needed to have her book the minute it came out. I have loved reading it. Just makes me happy, she is exactly the kind of mom I strive to be. Trust me, if you get bored, google Kelle Hampton and her blog will pop up everywhere. You won't be sorry.
Alright, yay for you if you made it through this blog post, I was alot wordy than I had intended on being. Oh well...happy week my friends. I'll try to be back a bit sooner this time. Although, I make no promises.
7 comments:
Have you finished the book yet, I get it next right?
I can totally picture Drakey bug in his new chair, I bet he thinks he is cool stuff. You are brave to let him eat his whole meal in the car. I gave K some goldfish and licorice yesterday after grocery shopping and she made the biggest mess of her life in the car yesterday afternoon. Oh she is such a pill, oh well at least my car got a good vacuuming.
Theo looks good in his car, it was much deserved for the guy!
Love the car. I bet you guys are happy. I also love car seat transitioning, we just did the same thing not too long ago with Lex and Ash.
I love Honda Accord's, they are so comfy and nice! It's nice to spoil our husbands every now and then. Benton is now driving around our Honda Civic and will probably for years to come until we want to make 2 car payments as well.
That's so much fun you got a tramp! I bet your boys love it! Cambree giggles the whole time if we ever are at someones house who have one. That worked out great that you guys could buy it from your neighbors!
Love Honda...gorgeous car (I love my white little civic-sunroofs are the best). I am going to have to read that book-I love people who have such a positive outlook on everything, thank you for always having such sweet little things to blog about.
The new car looks great!
Very pretty.
I think we all have the blogger bug lately. Ugh. Sometimes it's just too much to have to sit down and blog, i hear ya! But I do wish you and Jenn and I could just sit down over lunch and chat instead. wouldn't that be great?!
Hope you aer well Teri.
Cute pics of the kiddos.
I really like the new car. Heated leather seats, that is awesome!
And the trampoline, how fun for the boys. Love that it has the net and you can just sit out and watch them with no worries.
I'll have to get that book and look at that blog. I could use a good reminder to have positive outlook on life. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ohhhh so jealous of the tramp! I've been trying to talk daddy into one for a couple years now! And the congrats on the car Thiago! New cars are always fun!
Oh and yes I do know sweet Brooklyn. She is the cutest girl!
Post a Comment