Things have been quiet around here, have they not. Things are good, just not real exciting. However, I am here tonight to fill you in on the latest weekend haps. Stand back, cause they are pretty awesome...well, not really actually.
Friday night we headed down to Salt Lake (look at this tree, look at it blossoms. oh, the loveliness. I've told you before friends, I am an admirer of the simple details. And these blossoms make me HAPPY)
We had tickets to the Jazz game,
me and the honey,
and the boys too!! I wouldn't go straight to fun, kinda fun is more like it. I spent most of my night, going up and down the stairs with various over priced treats for the kids. Popcorn for Linc, cotton candy for Cars, nachos for me and the wee one, icecream for Cars, sprite for Linc..you get the idea. And then, just as I was taking my seat....guess who has to go to the bathroom for the upteenth time. Yep, Lincoln boy. Here we go again. Excuse us, excuse us as Linc and I push our way through the aisle yet again. Oh, don't stand up sir...just continue to sit there while me and my unruly 3 year old just try and climb our way over you. Honestly, for the love people. I had worked all day and hadn't nursed the baby yet, I was about ready to pop if you know what I mean, which in turns makes me feel ill. I get hot and achy and almost feverish. You get the idea..I guess we had fun. The boys' had fun, the jury is still out on the dad and I.
Saturday morning starts up spring soccer season. I know I have mentioned before that sports might not be this kid's thing...put a ball in Lincoln's hands and you might have an athlete. Cars, not so much. Just not his thing. I had to laugh the other day cause he was saying that he couldn't wait for soccer start. I said, "oh good, so you are excited", his response was this "yeah, I love the treats we get at the end, that is my favorite part". Ha-ha..yep, he's my kid. Like mother, like son. Sports, no thanks....treats, yes please!
The rest of the day was spent with this bad boy. I am way to cheap to spend the money on a professional carpet cleaner (too pricey), but this do-it-yourselfers. You bet. All I had to do was stand there and look pretty while Thiago did all the work.
He shampooed my car and all of our carpets. I can't even tell you how happy clean carpets make me. I don't even allow shoes in my house and yet my carpet looked like crap. Not now...nice and clean.
Drakey-bug had the right idea while all of this was going on, he just hung out in his diaper with a mouthful of goldfish. Yeah, I'd be smiling like that too if that was my life.
That night was priesthood session for the men, so me and Ash and the kids hung out. I made cheese enchilada's,
and Ash made homemade french bread.
Which we turned into this the next day. French toast. Yum!!
I am sorry friends, appearantly this is turning into a food blog, I don't know what is up with me lately...taking pictures of all my food. I have totally lost it.
Honestly though, I love conference weekend. Listening to the prophet and his apostle's all while hanging out in your...
pj's,
and eating giant breakfasts. Fabulous!
Just ask Lincoln boy, he is a big fan of the bacon and sausage.
Sitting around, doing absolutely nothing really wears you right out. Hence the nap.
Later that day, the Phongsavath's had us over for a small BBQ.
I know, I know...more food pictures. Looks good though, right?
All in all, it was a pretty good weekend.
Now this week, this week is not quiet at all. We have an easter party, a baptism, a birthday party and Easter. Gonna be busy. Stay tuned friends, got lots to share...
Sweet dreams from Drakey and I!
5 comments:
sounds like a fun weekend (except for maybe the jazz game) ;)
i love that you share food pictures, keep em coming please! those enchiladas look so pretty, i thought they were from a restaurant! and ashley's bread was beautiful! i need to learn how to do more than just loaves in my bread maker. the french toast made me hungry.
havea good week teri!
Why do you have to be killing me with all of this good food. I don't know what I want more the hamburger, or the bacon or the enchilada.
Good weekend, I remember watching Ash with the kids at the Jazz game a few weeks ago and thinking man I am glad to be here alone. The two ladies next to Ash kept giving her looks every time she stood up, rude people.
Well I have a treat to make for tomorrow so I guess I will get busy now, call me later!
How fun is that!?! Looks like a great time. And it's okay if you want to blog about food. :) ...especially if you share the recipes!
Here's my mom's theory on carpet - the oils from bare feet make it dirty. She ALWAYS made us wear socks in the house. Maybe that'd help?
Oh I am totally re-looking at all your food!!!! Yummy! Looks like a great weekend. I too love the blossoms on trees. Right outside my classroom doors are all these trees that blossom and smell so good in May. I love going out after work and walking through them and hearing the bees and smelling them. I Love IT!!! So call me a weirdo too!
Cute Pictures. Your cheese enchiladas look so yummy! Sounds like the perfect weekend.
Post a Comment