Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

Happy Halloween folks...from my power rangers and their little green Frankenstein. Halloween is just 100% fun, and this year was no different. We are having the most beautiful fall here in Utah. Usually we go straight into winter, but this year the warm, pleasant temps are just hanging on. So lovely. Halloween was the prettiest most perfect day in our forcast. The kind of day you just wake up feeling happy to.

My day was pretty easy, breezy. My poor sisters and it seems like alot of my Instagram friends, were all running in a million directions. However mine was so nice and smooth with not a whole lot going on. Both my kids had class parties, however they were going to be the exact same time. So I chose to go with my Lincoln boy, I help out in Carson's class weekly, so I wanted to take this chance to go with Lincoln instead.

I am such a nerd, but I just love planning out our holiday clothes. It excites me. I love the "perfect" outfit, it has to fit the holiday and season just so. And since I had some extra time that day I actually got to do my hair. Doesn't happen often.

Early afternoon, and Carson was already at school so me and the little ones headed out to preschool.

They did a cute little preschool costume parade where the kids marched around her cul-de-sac to "Ghostbusters" and trick or treated with us moms. Loved it.

Of course this was Drake's naptime. He slept right on through, 2 1/2 hour nap that day. It was amazing.

I love little events like this. My wild child at home is a completely different kid in social gatherings. He gets so shy and hangs back. He kept catching my eye and giving me that little smirk. I love him. You know those moments when you look at your kid and your heart feels like its gonna burst right out of you cause you love him so much. That was me that day with my little red power ranger. What a boy, and he's all mine.

Left Linc there for the remainder of his party and headed on home with my still sleeping Drake, stopped for my coke which of course made a good day even better.

Had some time to kill before I had to pick up Carson so I took the chance to hang up my new "autumn" pictures on my board. Made me happy. Only been trying to do that for over a week, never could find the time. Life. Its busy.

Decided to paint my nails a pretty fall brown.

Wandered around the house getting things ready for that night. Costumes, their buckets, my trick or treaters candy, etc.

My school boys were both got home and I failed to get a picture of them going through their class party treasures. Cutie pies...both showing each other what they did and what they got. They are truly the best of friends.

Time to get ready...



Blue power ranger.



Red power ranger.



and my green little Frankenstein. (Side note for ya all, I chose this costume for Drake cause I thought it would look so cute with his dark coloring and all. Speaking of his coloring, the other day we were at the grocery store, just me and Lincoln and Drake and this old grandpa came up to us. He was talking to my boys, telling them how cute they are and then asked me if they were brothers. I said yes, and he goes hmmm...must have different dads. I pulled a face and said "no, they have the same dad". He then says "oh, you must put this one out in the sun alot...meaning Drake. I just kinda laughed and said no, he just has darker skin like his dad and the other one is lighter like me. It was bizarre. Who seriously says that to a stranger. Funny)

They were in true ninja form that night. Darting around, ninja moves, flashing their swords. Adorable. Some days I still laugh at me and all these little boys and their little boy ways.


No more pictures, they were ready to head out. We stick to a tight schedule Halloween night. Wanted to trick or treat around our own neighborhood but also have to make the family stops so we start out about 5:30.


Thiago took them around our neighborhood for about 45 minutes. They met up with Ash and the kids and had a great time. Drake didn't make it out of the stroller much this time but he didn't seem to mind.

We then headed to my dads to say hello for a bit.


Brev, the fat little angry bird. His costume cracked me up. We also took the bigger kids trick or treating here for awhile. My dad has a great neighborhood for that. This time I went with Carson and Linc and their cousins while Thiago stayed back with Frankenstein and my dad.

Quick picture with Papa Jeff, then it is on to our next stop.

Vovo's house. They were having a big gathering with all their friends. I thought we could get here and settle for a bit, eat some chilli and cornbread. Kids had other ideas. Wanted to go out some more. The funny thing is my kids don't even like candy. They have barely touched their buckets, they just like the trick or treating. So we went again. This time Drake got to walk. Oh my. Cool kid coming through. He thought he was the shiz-nit, as his dad always says. There was no holding him back this time. Climbed every front steps and was right there with his brothers. My sweet boys remembered to say "thank-you and happy halloween" at every single house. Made me proud.



My brother and sister in law. Bane, Catwoman and the dog is Batman. Ha. I loved it.

My boys loved it too. They just can't figure out why me and their dad don't dress up. Sorry boys, not happening.

My mom was another story. Prettiest witch I've ever seen. She was adorable. Carson was in complete awe of her costume. Hers is our last stop. Its my favorite, it involves some good stuff.

Taco soup and scones.

Homemade cupcakes

Sugar cookies and doughnuts. I barely ate all day saving up for her house. I just can't say no to these delicious treats.

Full buckets by the end of the night, which like I say the boys have barely touched. Carson eats his Kit Kits and Reeses, Lincoln likes the Starbursts, suckers and skittles but thats about it. Drake likes it all but the buckets are put up and he has already forgot. Now if I could just get myself to throw them out, maybe I would stop sneaking the Dots and Heath bars and PayDays. Those are my favorite.

Another great Halloween. Hope you all had a good one too...

1 comment:

Genn said...

Oh what cute costumes the boys all had!
Drake's looked warm and cozy!
You guys had a fun day and a busy sounding night. Love all the pics. Great one of your Dad with the boys.
Your Mom looked darling!
What a fun stop her house must be for you all!