We have some new little creatures taking up residency in our home...or should I say yard. A cute, little mama bird and her 4 new baby birds. They seriously are the cutest thing ever, we just can't get enough of them. About a month ago, we were out working in the yard and Thiago was trimming all of our trees and bushes. All of the sudden he called me over to this one tree that sits right outside our kitchen window. I looked up, and sure enough there was a little birds nest, with a momma bird in it. I told Thiago, I bet you anything she has got little eggs up there waiting to hatch. Every so often, I would check back out there (you can see the nest perfectly from one of my kitchen windows) and to my surprise a few days ago I saw the sweet little babies. So cute!! You can see 4 little beaks poking out from the nest.
We have all kinda become obsessed with our new little friends. I check them at least every hour it seems like. Every morning the first thing Carson does when he wakes up is run to the window and check the birds. He stands up on that stool for a good 20 minutes talking to them and pointing. The other night we got a little worried cause, the momma had been gone for quite awhile. All the babies were starting to cry and we didn't know where she was at. We just kept checking and checking and then before darkness hit, all the sudden she was back.
I think the whole thing is kinda becoming a game to Carson . He will say " Momma, yet (which means let) me check me birds". So cute!!
11 comments:
Oh that window, when you were telling me this story I thought you meant the window above your sink. For the life of me I could not remember a tree being there. That is so cute, I love how Cars is always checking on the babies, those birds better watch it though, hopefully he will treat them better than he treats the Cano's dogs.
I love it! We had ducks in our bush last year, and Mitchell still wants to know where they went! I lov ethe pictures of Carson looking at them, so cute!
P.S. I emailed you...what are you doing today or tomorrow?
That is fun for Carson to see a nest and little birds. Us curb and gutter kids don't see stuff like that much.
That is funny because we have been doing that same thing this week. I love the pictures and that is so cute Carson is so concerned. He will be a good big brother.
That is so cute. You didn't tell me all that. Carson is so caring I love it. He will be so sad when they finally leave.
Carson looks so cute looking out the window. Baby birds are so fun to watch.
How cute! Little birdies are so cute. How fun to be able to have them right outside your window.
That's so fun, Zack would love that! He's obsessed with birds he gets so excited when ever we see them.
that is so darling. Carson is so smart and curious. We don't get fun animal things like that, all we get is snow in June (cotton). It's not fun.
How Fun! When we lived in our apartment one morning we heard the loudest chirping and I couldn't figure out where it was comming from. Then I looked in the bush right next to our bedroom window and there was this tiny nest with about 3 baby birds in it. I checked on them so frequently that I think the mama decided not to nest there anymore. I even got to see them their first day out of the nest!
Post a Comment