Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poor Sick Baby!!



Well, it finally happened...Carson is sick!! He seriously has not been sick in over a year, it was last Memorial day that he was feeling under the weather. I have been waiting and waiting for him to come down with something. All of his cousins were sick, and it seems like about every kid in nursery had some kind of bug. But Carson was as healthy as a horse, well up until a few days ago. He just has a really bad cold, but every time he gets a cold he always gets a fever with it. The poor little guy just has not been himself the past few days. I can't stand when he gets sick, he just looks so miserable. The other night I was getting him out of the tub, and he said "Mommy, me hurt" and then I said "what hurts" and he said "my body". It was so sad. Anyways, when he is sick all he wants to do is sleep. He has slept in until 11:00 in the morning the past 2 days. He also doesn't want to eat anything, well he doesn't eat much on a regular basis, so when he is sick he REALLY doesn't eat. When he finally woke up this morning all I could get him to eat was a doughnut and orange juice. I had apple juice and tropical punch but he insisted it be orange. I hurried and made up some frozen orange juice. Then he insisted that I pull his little table into the family room, right smack in front of the TV so he could eat and watch his Georgie (Curious George). Oh the things we do for our kids, especially when they don't feel well. I know I am a great mom, juice and a doughnut for breakfast. Oh well, there is worse things in life I suppose.

9 comments:

Nick and Stacey said...

Oh man, I hate when the kids are sick! It just breaks your heart to see them not feel well! Isn't it funny what they can get away with when they are sick! Doughnuts and Orange Juice sounds pretty good to me!

Brea Marie said...

Oh I hope he gets better soon! We had the same sippy Cars sippy cups. Brooke picked them out. Yes, she absolutely loves Cars. It actually was her first word besides mommy and daddy. Funny for a girl, right? What a tomboy.

Jill said...

Poor Carson, I hope he feels better soon. He looked pretty sick on Monday!

Aleese and Scott said...

Poor little guy that is no fun to be sick. I love his little set up in the middle of the room that is too cute!

Ashley and Devan said...

Poor Carson! There is nothing worse than a sick child. I hope he starts to feel better soon!

Eric and Jenny said...

Poor Carsy, I can't believe he never gets sick. How is it one of my kids is always sick it's not fair. Though when Cars does he gets it really bad, the poor little guy looked so miserable, I felt so bad for him the other day. I love his table in the front room,I think you are a great mom. What good is being sick if you don't get spoiled a little.

Tiff and Chris said...

Not fun being sick, thats for sure! How cute that he wanted his table in front of the TV so he could watch Curious George. Donuts sound good right now :)

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

It's good that he hasn't been sick, but it sounds like it was comming sooner or later. I think I would have just burst into tears when he said that his whole body hurt. I hope he feels better soon.

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

There is nothing worse than your kids being sick. I am right there with you with the doughnut thing. Kalea had a brownie and Doughnuts for dinner because she was so upset we had to cancel some plans we had made. Anything for our kids :) Well I hope he is feeling better!