Friday, October 24, 2008

Countdown Begins...



Aaaahhh....getting so close. I seriously can't believe it. I went for my 35 week doctor appointment earlier this week. I am now going weekly and will up until I deliver. You may notice my baby counter took a week jump, I changed it. We have scheduled me to be started on Nov 18th which is 3 weeks from Tuesday. Unless of course this little guy decides to make an early appearance on his own. Everything still looks great, which is such a relief. My doctor told me awhile ago that I have a 2 vessel umbilical cord rather than the standard 3 vessel. In most cases this means nothing, the other 2 vessels just work harder to compensate for the missing third. They have just been watching his growth and fluid levels...if either of those are low that could mean the baby isn't getting the nutrients and blood flow it needs. Lincoln is doing great with both of these...he weighs 5 pounds 1 ounce so far. Right on schedule. I am also dialated to a 2 and 70-80% effaced. So who knows what will end up happening. I could be on my way to an early delivery, or I could just walk around for the next 3 weeks at a 2. I am so anxious for him to come, but I still feel like there is so much to do before he makes his debut. So hopefully he hangs out for a little while longer.

Sitting there in my doctors office, talking about dilating and scheduling my induction....well it all kind of seemed surreal. I remember those first few weeks sitting in there, scared to death. Wondering if I would make it to this point. The whole way home yesterday I just cried...poor Thiago and his emotional wife. I just feel so blessed to have made it to this point, it is really starting to sink in that I will be bringing this baby home. That he is not just a dream to me anymore, he is about to become a reality. I have wanted him, and prayed for him for so long. I am so grateful to almost have him here in my arms. Anyways...thats us for now. I will keep posting each week to let you all know of any changes. For now lets all plan on the 18th.

18 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

As corny as this sounds while I was driving down from Logan today my mind always wanders in the canyon and I was thinking about how close it is and how lucky I am to be able to spend the whole day with you and witness him being born, I was seriously crying just thinking about it. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling the closer it gets. I love you and Lincoln I am all for an early arrival Linc, come anyday!

Eric and Jenny said...

p.s. I know you don't like me nicknaming him Linc, but I just can't help it that's always how I think of him. I am afraid he will always be Linc to me, so you may just have to grow to like it....

Souli & Ashley said...

I can't believe this time is here. To me it has gone by so fast. I'm so excited for his darling little face. Another Carson. I'm so happy that I will get to be there I was there for my Cars how can I not be for my Linc. Sorry it just clicks. Well anyways 3 weeks sounds good, mine is still closer to 4 to bad for me. She needs to come. Well they both do we are done.

JOHNICA said...

You are seriously the cutest pregnant lady. And I've seen my fair share of prego ladies. Good luck and let John and I know if yall need anything!

Tiff and Chris said...

That is so wonderful! You deserve on the wonderful blessings. How sweet it is to be able to be feel so much gratitude. A lot of conference talks were about gratitude and I find myself thanking Heavenly Father for every little thing...how lucky we truly are to have the knowledge that we do. Your little Lincoln is blessed to be in your family.

Bentleys said...

You are so gorgeous! When you start the weekly appointment its like WOW I am having a baby soon! It's so crazy!! I hope he comes when he is good and ready and if not three weeks isn't too far away! yeah!!!

Aleese and Scott said...

That is so sweet you deserve every happiness! Aren't babies such miracles! Don't worry I still cry all the time about having my little guy. Also my friend had a two vessel cord I had never heard of it until her, and that will be nice not to wait anther week! Can't wait to see baby Lincoln.

Tammy said...

It's so exciting that the end is near. I can't wait to see what this cute little guy is going to look like. It will be so nice for you to finally have him here.

Tammy said...

It's so exciting that the end is near. I can't wait to see what this cute little guy is going to look like. It will be so nice for you to finally have him here.

Delahunty Family said...

I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see some pictures of him!

Candace said...

WOW! I can't believe he will be here in no time! We are so excited for you and Theo!

TW said...

You look beautiful and I'm excited that maybe Lincoln and Stevie will share the same birthday.

Melissa said...

So excited to have a little baby in the fam again!

Nick and Stacey said...

Yeah I am so excited for you! that is so darn close. You look beautiful. I am so excited to see that new little baby. If you guys need anything just let me know! Yeah for those new beautiful little babies! I don't think you ever are ready eventhough you know 9 months before!

Ashley and Devan said...

You are so close! I bet you can't wait to see his precious little face. It is such a miracle that our bodies can create a new life. I'm so happy for your little family.

The Carnahan's said...

How exciting, I'm glad everything is going so well! You look so cute pregnant! These next 3 weeks will hopefully be fast for your!

Jill said...

I can't believe you are so close, that is so crazy the time has gone so fast... The 18th is my Dad's Birthday, so that is a good choice.

The Mashy Family said...

I kinda wanted to cry Teri! You look so cute pregnant! We are very excited for you and Thiago! Baby Lincoln will be a great addition to your cute little family.