Sunday, October 5, 2008

Shalae's Shower..


I don't think I have really mentioned that my brother in law Gus (Thiago's little brother) is getting married in a few weeks. It all happened really fast, they have only known each other since June but I guess if you know its right then why wait. They were originally going to get married next spring, then they changed it to January....then November. At first, I was kinda bugged just because they chose the 8th which is like a week before my due date. I tend to be a rather selfish person, and all I could think about was that I am going to be huge and fat in all of the pictures. Plus, for all they knew I could be in the hospital having a baby. Well they then changed it to the 1st of November, so that at least gives me a few weeks. I have since settled down, and am starting to get so excited for them. Shalae is as sweet as they come and really makes a good match for Gus. We wondered if he would ever get married, so the fact that he is and to someone that we all love so much really makes us happy. We had a bridal shower for her on Saturday, didn't get a ton of pictures cause I was kinda running around helping with everything. Here are just a couple...


Cano girls....me, Shalae, Maria and Rosemary

Welcome to the family Shalae!!

11 comments:

AMES said...

Yay! Congratulations to Gus! I love Gus - I'm sure she's a great girl!

Nick and Stacey said...

How exciting! I knew they were getting married, it is fun to see pictures! And what are you talking about...that is not short at all haha! I am excited for them!

Jill said...

You are funny, I love the selfish comment. She looks like a cute girl I am glad he found someone. That was a fun idea to take a picture of all the Cano girls.

Bentleys said...

Okay seriously Teri I can't even tell you are preggo in the first picture! You look cute!! I know what you mean though three years ago two of TJ's siblings got married just a couple of weems after I had Brielle! I don't know what's worse being fat and preggo or being fat with a newborn?

Aleese and Scott said...

How exciting! What a fun day and how fun to add another person to the family. Also you look so cute pregnant! I think you will look great in the pictures!

Ashley and Devan said...

I think getting a new sister in law is always so much fun! I'm glad that you like her so much. And I just wanted to say how dang cute you are. I think I look as pregnant as you and I'm 3 months behind you. You are so tiny!

Thiago & Teri said...

I'm glad they are getting married. Even though being pregnant also I would be a little bugged too. So I don't blame you one bit. I guess its good you got over it though. You looked so cute that day. I love your pregnant belly.

Eric and Jenny said...

Love your Cano family, they are the greatest. I think I love spending time with them as much as I love my own inlaws. It was a fun shower, you did a great job planning it. I kind of hope you are having a baby on the day of the wedding, for selfish puposes only I AM SO EXCITED!

Souli & Ashley said...

Sorry Teri I was in your login still so that comment was really from me.

TW said...

Love the picture of the "Cano" girls. Tell Gus best of everything!

Tiff and Chris said...

You look so good...cutie belly! How exciting to have all these fun things going on.