Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My hero..my mom!




Okay mommy dear I am a little late getting your birthday post out but here it is. You know how my Tuesdays are...crazy, crazy!! Anyways it is my mom's B-day today, I didn't get a chance to see her but we saw her on Sunday and celebrated then. Ash made us the most greatest little meal and made my mom a cake and everything. Mom I hope you had a great day and as I always do I am going to post the top 5 reasons I love my mom.
1. She has taught me how to be a mom. That might sound kind of funny, but seriously what better role model could I ask for. Every thing I do on a daily basis in my home for my children or husband I have learned from my mom. She has taught me how to clean, cook, decorate, laundry, everything. But most importantly she has taught me the qualities that it really takes to be a mom. Patience, understanding, kindness, selflessness and most of all an unconditional love. I pray every day that I can give my children the kind of childhood and life my mother has given me. I am eternally grateful for her example.

2. She is the toughest person you will ever meet. My mom has seriously gotten dealt a whole lot of crap in her life. She has had more trials than anyone I know. Yet I never see her falter. She knows how to just pick her self up and keep going. You never even see her skip a beat. Those first few years after my dad left, I know were so hard for her. She tells me now that there were nights she would cry herself to sleep in her closet after us girls were asleep. I never saw that, not for one second. She was always so strong and did what she had to do to get her girls raised. I admire that quality, something I need to work on.

3. She is my cure for everything. What is it about moms that just automatically make us feel better. They have a special mom medicine or something I don't know. No matter what my troubles are, whether I am sick, sad or worried about something. Just seeing my moms face and feeling her arms around me...somehow it cures everything. I just don't think that is something you ever outgrow...every girl needs her mom.

4. She is my biggest support. No matter what I do in this life, it is so reassuring to know that your mom is always behind you. No matter what, even when I have been stupid and made dumb mistakes. She has still always been there, she loves me no matter what. She knows every horrible detail about me, and still thinks I am perfect. I tell you, only a mothers love!!

5. She is my best friend. Well next to Thiago of course. I am so excited to have my two boys, but I would like a daughter someday just for that reason. She was my mom growing up...a mentor, supervisor, caregiver, you know that kind of thing. But the older I get the more she has turned into my absolute best friend. There is no one else I would rather talk to ...whether it is small day to day stuff or the big stuff in life. Whatever. She makes a great shopping partner, lunch date, movie goer...all of it. What would I do without her.

Well thats it. For all of you who know my mom, I know you will agree with all of this. She is one in a million, I thank my father in heaven for her every single day. I don't know who I would be without her. Everything that is good or admirable in me I owe to my mom. I love you so much mommmy-dear, you truly are my hero. The one person I admire above all others. You are who I am striving to become. Love you lots lady, hope you had a great day!!

10 comments:

Souli & Ashley said...

Everything you just said describes mom perfectly. She is an amazing person and means so much to me. Those are just sweet things you said about her and all true. We are so lucky to have the best mommy in the world. We all owe who we are to him. I love her so much and you. Thanks for all you do for me. Especially watching Brevin and soon Elle too. I know its hard on you, but thanks for not letting me down in that I owe you so much to.

Ashley and Devan said...

That was such a touching post. I'm sure your Mom will cry when she reads it. She sounds like an amazing mother. Happy Birthday to her!

Nick and Stacey said...

I too am really grateful to your mom! She was like my mom away from home growing up! I don't think I have ever been to any other place that I feel at home than your house! She was always so good to let us all come and hang out, I have some of the fondest...craziest memories at that home she took such good care of! Happy Birthday Mom!

Melissa said...

happy birthday tres! I love ya too! you are a very strong woman, and I have always looked up to you! I hope ya had a great day!

TW said...

Happy Birthday Tereasa. Loved your post and all you said is so true. Yes, my spelling the other day was alittle rough, my long, beautiful fingernails just cause me to skip letters sometimes!

Eric and Jenny said...

Cute post, everything you said is so true. Mom is the greatest, my favorites days are spent with you guys and her. This time I think you showed me up ha ha!

AMES said...

Sounds like you have a great mom, Teri. Don't you just love moms? What would we do without 'em? Seriously. I feel the same way about my mom. And you are follwing in your mom's footsteps by being such a good mom to Carson (and little Lincoln ;) I love ya.

Brea Marie said...

I could never have loved my mother more than after I had my own children. She and I never seemed to be on the same page. But now, I call her almost everyday. Thank heavens my parents have retired and can be at my every beck and call. I know that I can call her any time of the day and get that good motherly advice. Sounds like your Mom is utterly outstanding. What a woman! Happy Birthday to her!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Tereasa! You are so right about your Mom being a tough woman. She is a great example of when trials come to stay strong and things will work out.

Aleese and Scott said...

I love all of your tributes to your mom she seems like a pretty amazing lady. I bet this was better then any present she could have got.