We had an interesting New Years this year. Tried something different. A bunch of the Brazilians rented out the Sportsplex in Kaysville (where the soccer games are played). We decided to go. They had food, games, dancing, a play gym for the kids and of course SOCCER!
Not sure what Gus is doing in this picture. He knew I was taking it, so I guess he is just trying to be funny.
What a cute couple!
Another cute couple (just a smaller version.)
CARSON'S NIGHT...
Pretty much spent the whole night in the toy area.
Came out for a minute to kick the ball around with his dad.
Gettin a kiss from mom, at the stoke of midnight.
And a little dancing with Vovo...at least she has someone who will shake it with her. The rest of us just sit there.
LINCOLN'S NIGHT...
Trying to eat the fake, rubber stuff at the playground.
Testing out his walking skills on the big field (post to come).
Going down the slide with mom. (debated on this pic, I look like an idiot. I was surprised at how fast it went and this expression is the result of that. I know, I know...who knew a grown adult could have such fun on a slide.)
And drinking the bubbly..didn't want to give it up.
Next morning, bright and early. I awoke at 6:30 to be exact. Went to bed at 1:45 and woke up at 6:30, you do the math. It was a killer. We met up with my dad's family in Tremonton for our traditional breakfast at Crossroads.
It was delicious. Needless to say this was both of my children on the way home. They were still pretty exhausted. We went home, did a few things then me and Jen ran to Barnes and Noble. Where I purchased "The Lovely Bones". It cOmes out in the theatres next week and everyone says to read the book first. So that is just what I did. Took me 3 days, excellent. If you are looking for a good read, there you go. After that me and Theo and Jen and Ash went and saw "Sherlock Holmes". I liked it, one of those movies that once you have seen it, you don't need to watch it again. You know what I mean. Anyways, it was pretty good though. All in all it was a fun day, however I sure as heck was ready for bed that night.
5 comments:
Carson's fingers in the air just really kill me as he is dancing with Maria, I bet she is glad she has Carson for those kind of things....he is always willing to be a fruit loop with her. (Not that she is a fruit loop, you know what I mean). I speak next up for that book bring it to me tommorow I am in the need for a book I can't put down, I am in that kind of mood.
What a fun New Years. I think I would like New Years more if I had something fun like that to do.
So, I read the Lovely Bones a few years ago.. I am glad you liked it. I hope the movie is good. I'm excited for it to come out.
You are so cute in that shirt. I need to borrow. Cute pictures you are beautiful you know that.
Wow. I am coming to your News Years party next year. Atleast I would make it to midnight. Looks like a blast.
That place looks like it was pretty fun. I do love the picture of you and Lincoln on the slide. It is good to see that grown ups can have fun too.
Post a Comment