And he's off. After weeks of uneasy, hesitant steps, lots of encouragement from mom, dad, and big brother, we FINALLY have a walker on our hands. He has totally been able to do it for about 3 weeks now, he was just being lazy. He knew he was much faster at crawling. This kid can move on those little knees of his. Finally, though he has realized the joy of being able to take actual steps and cruise around the house. Nothing cuter than a little one walking. Just cracks me up the way the teeter around with that little look of amazement on their faces. I love it, and although it makes life crazy for me....I sure am happy for my boy and his accomplishment. Good job bujaou!
Now onto the reason behind my title. Too big for his britches, if that old saying doesn't fit this kid. I swear after his latest episode, I have started to think it will be an amazement if this kid makes it to his 2nd birthday. I just have never met a child quite like this one. He can escape any and all seatbelts, he climbs EVERYTHING and I do mean everything. We want to get a chair for our front room, but we are waiting for Lincoln to get a bit bigger. I am afraid he would climb it and fling himself over the staircase. He puts anything and everything in his mouth, he doesn't sit still for nothing, I swear he has just got a sixth sense for trouble.
Let me illustrate my point. See this little chair, this is where Licoln gets trapped (oh, I mean sits). However even he can get into trouble being strapped down. We sit him in here for his meals, and he likes to put his little feet up and push against the bar...which of course makes the chair tip. I know this, therefor when I put him in I slide the chair way back, so he can't reach the counter. We were eating dinner last night and I had slid him in since I was trying to feed him. I got up and moved my dishes over to the sink, turned around to push Lincoln back out....and CRASH!
This is how he ended up. Notice how the chairs are placed, on his way down his head hit the edge of that other chair against our table. Smack, the full force of the fall and the weight of him and the chair going down against the other chair. He cried and he cried and he cried. I FREAKED. It left an instant welt. A huge, red blood blister going along his hairline. It swelled up the size of a golfball. I was freaking out, Thiago thought everything looked okay. Lincoln was back to his old, mischevious way five minutes later. Wasn't acting weird or anything. However we just couldn't shake it. Thiago called Weecare since his regular doctor had already gone home for the day. I stayed home with a sleeping Carson while he ran in Lincoln. He was fine, just a normal flesh wound. You just never know with head injuries though and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep unless we got him looked at.
This is this morning. All the swelling has gone down and you can just see the faint red line in his hair. Blow up the picture and you can see it. Bottom, left of his head. Crazy, little monkey.
As crazy as the little munchkin is, I sure do love him. Can't believe how much stress he causes me, but one look at that little face and all my frusteration melts. Love you Bujaou!
3 comments:
I have one exactly like Lincoln. He is definately a boy and I thought it would get better as he got older...NOPE. I am glad he is okay, I would've taken him in too. Such a handsome little boy and very sneaky!!
You didn't tell me any this when I talked to you earlier today...poor baby though alot of the times I have more sympathy for his mother. Being the mother of crazy Luke I am well aware of how frusterating those wild ones can be. We all must have one in our families to keep our houses hopping I guess...
How fun that he is walking now, I'm sure he is getting into everything! I swear boys just know how to get hurt, my nephew was at my house and did the same thing with my chair and table, it is way scary....I guess they just have to learn to not do that or else they'll get hurt. Poor little guys!
Post a Comment