We had a little visitor at our home for the past few days....Mr. Lance Smith. We and I do me WE....were so excited. We had been planning this little sleepover for quite a while now. We were going to do it after Jen had the baby, but their school schedules were too difficult to work around so we waited until they were both out. We jam packed our 2 1/2 days together with as much fun as possible. I just have the best memories of growing up with my little cousins and I wanted to give that to these two little best friends. It is going to be a tradition every summer from now on. I am glad to say that our time together far superceded our expectations. These 2 little boys (and Lincoln) had the time of their lives. Here is what our fun included....(picture overload, but I didn't want to miss a thing)
Movie...."How to Train Your Dragon"
Dropped off the naughty little mister, and enjoyed the movie with just the three of us. They were both a little nervous at first (with fire spitting dragons and all) but as soon as they realized they were "nice dragons"...all was good.
Boondocks....mini golf.
The big boys loved this..me not so much. One word..Lincoln. I had so much fun chasing him around, picking up all the rocks he was throwing on the course, being kicked multiple times because he didn't choose to be picked up....ahhhh, honestly.
Fun house at Boondocks...enjoyed by all.
2 little buddies staying up late in my bed watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" till almost 11:00 while I worked on some church stuff. Some things only an aunt will let you get away with.
Pancake breakfast in the morning.
Layton Park
These two shoved their food in as fast as possible and then ran off to the toys, while this little guy....
snoozed away in his stroller under the tree.
Eventually woke up and ate his food.
Off to feed the ducks...
Carson enjoys flailing his arms around and chasing after the ducks....where does he get this stuff.
Movie night....
The boys rented "Astro boy" from the RedBox. Settled in with treats and popcorn after Lincoln was asleep. For some reason this movie terrified them, wasn't really scary....but who knows.
Headed back home today. Drove Lancey back to Logan, but not until they got some more good playing time in, we all went to lunch and ran a few errands.
It was such a great couple of days around our little household. Lancey, love you so much sweetheart. You were an absolute joy to have in our home, you are truly such a good boy and we just had so much fun with you. Thanks Jen and Eric for letting him come. Love you little buddy, already looking forward to our next sleepover.
9 comments:
I think that is great that you guys did that. We really do have good memories of our cousins don't we. Fun times I'm glad to have been included in what I could attend. It was so fun. What a great tradition. Luke will have to start if the kid could ever get a break from school. Poor kid. Such sweet pictures.
You are such a great Aunt to do that! I am sure it was a ton of work but what great memories the will have!
That is the coolest idea! Looks like it was a lot of fun!!
What a fun weekend! I love all the pictures they all look so happy to be together and having fun!
That is so darn cute, I love how those two are best friends.. I remember we used to have sleepovers all the time when we were little.. You are a great Mom and Aunt for doing that!
Ter this was one of the sweetest things you could have done for him, it is all he can talk about is Teri this Teri that. They will remember this for so long and look forward to it every year, next year Cars will have to come here and stay. I know we say it all the time but I adore how much they love each other we always said they would be the best of friends but never in my wildest dreams did I guess they would be this close to each other. I hope it always stays that way and they always know they have each other to turn to.
There is just something special between cousins..a bond that no one else quite has! How fun of you to plan such an eventful couple of days for those boys, they are going to remember that for sure!
That's a cute idea! It looks like they all had a ton of fun! I love that you guys did so many different activities!
Holy cow, are you Super Woman or what?! How lucky are those little boys to get to do all of that fun stuff?! I've never grown up with any of my cousins because we all live in different states, this makes me wish that I would have! What fun it looks like they all had, you sure are a special aunt!
Post a Comment