Monday, February 21, 2011

Oh, Lincoln



I'm glad its Monday.

It was a loooong weekend.

I know that doesn't sound quite right, usually I love the weekends. This one was just not so great.

Thiago left Thursday night for St. George. His soccer team had a tournament down there over Presidents weekend. He just got home tonight. Which left me with my three little darlings, ALL weekend long.

Carson has yet another cold, don't worry that he had one not 6 weeks ago....doesn't matter I guess cause he's got another one. Fever, red chapped lips, nasty cough. It's been fun, poor kid.

Attempted to get Drake's newborn pictures taken. It didn't go well. At all. I won't go in to details, but it was a freaking joke. We will try again this Saturday, wish me luck. Lets hope it goes a bit better than round 1.

Ashley's husband was out of town for the same tournament so we hung out alot together. Her and the kids even slept over a few nights. We tried to stay up after the kids were asleep and watch movies. However, I don't think I made it through much. Newborns and sleep aren't really a good combination so the minute the lights go out these days, I am sound asleep. Sorry Ash.

Now for the reason behind this posts title. Oh Lincoln. What am I going to do with this kid. Look closely at his nose in this picture, does it look weird??? Slightly puffy, swollen, and bruised. Cause it is.

Yesterday we were at my moms house. Lincoln was trying to reach some M&M's on the counter. He climbed on a barstool that was pushed out from the bar. He reached out and WHAM. Fell and landed smack down, right on his nose. It bled, and it bled, and it bled. And he cried, and he cried, and he cried. Now this kid gets hurt ALL the time, all the time. However, he usually whimpers for about a second and then is off on his way. Not this time, I have never seen a reaction quite like this. The poor kid cried for so long and so hard that his whole little body was in a sweat. His nose immediately puffed up and made it hard for him to breathe. He was gulping air through his mouth, cause he couldn't get it through his nose. I was so afraid that he had broke it. My moms husband used to be one of those ambulance guys....whatever they are called. He knew all the signs and symptoms for broken noses as well as concussions. He reassured me that Lincoln had neither. I thought for sure he would wake up this morning with raccoon eyes, but he didn't. Thank goodness. Just a little puffy still and slightly bruised. I tell you what...this kid is going to turn me grey. Quite the child.

So honey is back, and the 4 of us survived without him. Barely. Glad he's home.

6 comments:

Genn said...

Sounds like a very loooong weekend Teri. Sorry to hear about LIncoln's nose. It's scary when they get hurt sometimes. Glad he is okay though!
Hope you have a restful week and everyone is feeling better. I think everyone is ready for spring and a bit more sunshine!

TW said...

Just look at that face...PRECIOUS. Glad all was okay.

Shanna said...

teri you deserve an award!! i couldn't do three little ones. how do you do it? poor little link, i hope his little nose is feeling better.
seriously though, i'm in awe at mothers with more then one.(someday it will be me. but i'm not sure how its done?!)

Eric and Jenny said...

All that blood just freaked me right out! It looked so bad. Glad to know I am so composed during an emergency, yeah right! You always wonder how you will be well now I know.....I just yell for mom. Glad the little fella didn't end up with raccoon eyes. I thought for sure he would too. And yeah poor Ash you are rotten company when trying to watch a movie. And kind of a lunatic too, racing upstairs thinking you are hearing crying babies left and right. You are a nut!

The Mashy Family said...

Oh lincoln!!! you are such a gem!! Every family needs and has a Lincoln. got to have one child that tests the waters of our patients huh? Love you guys. Glad your visits to Primary childrens went well.

Clemments Family said...

Poor guy...actually poor Mom! I know exactly how you feel. Glad he is okay and I am glad Thiago is home.