Happy heart day!! Did you all enjoy all the pink and red, and cupids and hearts, and candy and flowers?? Our day was pretty quiet and uneventful. Just another mom and three kids Monday. Did all the usual...ya know school, grocery shopping, laundry, a little cleaning, made dinner. Blah, blah. Did try and throw a few fun things in there though, wanted to make it special for my three tiny little lovebugs.
Carson....lovebug #1.
Lincoln...lovebug #2. Although this little lovebug better watch it, or he might get squished. He hasn't really been on his best behavior lately, kinda naughty....even for Lincoln.
And little lovebug #3, Drakey-bug. Although maybe someone needs to remind him that he is the youngest of three kids, and it just isn't possible to have a mom that holds him all the time. This kid needs to learn how to self soothe. Don't worry, I'll teach him quick.
Did you want to see a close up of his shirt...here you go. Chicks dig me, yep that is for sure. At least in his moms case...even when all he does is fuss. I still dig him.
Anyways, back to our day. I hung out with these two in the morning....
while this one went to school. Where they had their valentine party. Where he got a bag full of valentines from his little friends. He went through the entire bag the minute he got into the car. Opened up every piece of candy (flipped out when I asked him to share with Lincoln), took one bite out of each candy and then threw the rest away. I could have told you that would happen. He isn't really a candy kid, although the idea always appeals to him. Great big waste..considering me and Lincoln are defintely candy people.
After school we needed to do some major grocery shopping, however we decided to meet Ash and the kids for lunch first. Wendy's...where else. What do you expect when you ask the little lovebugs what they would like for lunch. Yum.
Headed on home...where I took this adorable picture of my little ones. Quite cute, isn't it.
Enjoyed some valentine baking...homemade oreo's with pink and white frosting. Carson is a big fan of food coloring, if it were up to him the frosting would be red, yellow, green and blue.
Waited for dad to get home so we could give them their valentines...
where they got what else but new chuggers...and some candy.
Another little valentine surprise from my mom. Every year, my mom brings their valentines by. She leaves them on the front porch, rings the doorbell and runs. The big kids all know it is from her and papa Deano but they play along. Well, my mom was up the day before and just left the valentines with us. She told us to just ring the doorbell and pretend like it was her. So when Thiago got home that is what we did. Thiago rang the bell and then ran back in through another door. Carson was so funny. He knew his surprise would be coming and he knew it was Grandma Tereasa. The minute the bell rang, he booked it to that door. Opened the door, ran straight past his present and down the driveway looking for Grandma. To say he was mad that he couldn't find her would be an understatement. He just couldn't figure out why she was so fast, and why she just couldn't come in and say hi. I just laughed and laughed at his reaction and then called my mom as soon as I walked out of the room. What a kid.
Once Cars got over not seeing my mom, he settled down and enjoyed his prize. What a cute mom I have.
No wonder they love her.
Here's what Drake got...bottles from me and the little bear from my mom. Exciting, I know. He needs the bottles though for when I start to pump.
Sad, the only picture of my number one valentine. Poor guy. He is the most important out of them all, yet got the least attention. Here we are, posing for a quick picture together. Me in my hoodie, with my hair pulled back, baby slobber all over my shoulder, my nails chipped, makeup barely done....and him in his t-shirt and shorts on his way out for soccer practice. Yep, Valentines was romantic for us. I saw this bottle of sparkling stuff at the grocery store and picked it up for us. However, we didn't even open it. Sad. My brother in law (who has been married for just 2 years, no kids) asked us what we were doing for Valentines. Thiago and I looked at each other and laughed. Thiago said this is about it, remember we have three kids and one is a newborn, not to exciting for us. Oh well. One day we will look back on this stage in our lives, where all we do is change diapers, fill sippy cups, read bedtime stories etc, etc, etc and we will miss it all. One day, we will sit across from each other, all dressed up at some fancy restaurant on Valentines...and we will give anything to have these days back. Love you honey, thanks for being my number one!! Love you now more than ever, and don't you ever forget it.
I leave you with one more picture of the little lovebugs...cause I just think they are too stinkin cute!!
Wait, this one's cute too. Okay, thats enough.
8 comments:
Loved it!
Great pictures, your welcome for your my photo tips, I notice you are doing what I said. I am just a wealth of information.
Funny Carson, I can see him now getting mad about mom not being there. Remind me to tell you what Lance had to say about that.
The kids look darling, that picture of the three of them, oh melt my heart. FRAME THAT ONE!
This made me laugh. Boy Valentine's day just doesn't get as much attention as it did when we were younger huh? We spent ours about like you guys did. I worked and Nick babysat!
I can tell that you have been getting some photo tips because your pics of the boys all together are great!! I even see catch lights in their eyes. Did you have then facing a window? Great job!!
You are one buys mama these days. Hope that little Drakey learns to self soothe soon for you too.
Happy Belated Vday!
I love how you said one day you will sit in a fancy restaurant and miss the days of sippy cups. It's so true. These are the best times.
So fun! I love Valentines Day as well, even though we don't do too much! I agree one day we will miss the days of being with our kids, it'll happen all too quickly! I think your mom is darling, she's such a cute grandma!
Three darling little Valentines you have there. My favorite is of the two darling parents though...you two are the best!!!
Cute Cute pictures!! Love the little Valentine outfit on Baby Drake!!! Your mom is amazing isn't she!!! We spent the evening at home. Did not venture to far ourselves. Hey PS don't know if your dad happen to tell you but my dad is in the hospital. Just FYI!! Happy Valentines Day!
Okay, Lincoln looks so grown up in that picture. He is a stud machine.
And its funny how Valentine's day is just another day when you have kids. But when your younger you worry about who is gonna get you want. Us adults have Valentine's Day EVERYDAY!!!
Such cute pictures. I love them all and Drakes shirt is priceless. Where do you get their clothes?
Post a Comment