Thursday, February 24, 2011

One Month Old..




I want to cry just typing that. One month old already. My goodness, it went fast with Carson and Lincoln but seriously.....where the heck did this last month go. You think how looong that last month of pregnancy went, and then they are here and time starts flying. Slow down sweetheart, your momma doesn't want you growing this fast. You seriously get about 6 weeks worth of newborn stage and then they are an infant. I hate that.

Anywho...my sister does the cutest thing with her baby girl. As each month passes she takes a picture of her daughter with a stuffed owl. They are now on month 9. It is so fun to look back and see how much her little girl has grown sitting next to that owl. For us its Mickey Mouse. So those were a few shots of Mickey and Mr. Drake at one month old.



A few more facts about this boy of mine.
-He is a pretty good baby, pretty good. Not great, but good. He started out very good, slept all the time and would hardly ever fuss. Even when he wasn't being held. The older he gets, he becomes a little more high maintence. He REALLY enjoys being held and snuggled. I can set him down in his bouncer or swing for about 20 minutes or so (if he is fed and happy) but after that 20 minutes he will start letting you know that he would like some attention. Makes it hard when I am in the middle of something (which is always).

-Is a super great eater. Latched on from the very beginning. He has a tendency to get awfully comfy when nursing, I find myself waking him up quite often so he will keep eating. However, on a plus side...he doesn't spit up AT ALL. After Lincoln, this is most welcome.


Next to me and Thiago, his most favorite person in the world is his aunt Ashley. All babies love her. I think they sense her soft, patient ways. She can calm him down instantly. 2 minutes of being in her arms and he is sound asleep. Its sweet.



Drake had a big month, meeting lots of new people. One of his favorites (or my favorites) is his Great Granny O. He also met his Great Grandma and Grandpa Williams, but I forgot my camera on that day.


Poor child....he endures a whole lot of lovin from this kid. Lincoln (sigh) he means well, but oh my heavens is he annoying. For the most part, I am so proud of how he has handled this new baby. He is not jealous, AT ALL. He loves him so much, a little too much. He is always in his face, always kissing him, always trying to hold him. The minute I get Drake asleep, here comes Lincoln to give him a great big sloppy, loud, rough kiss. I can't even tell you how many times he has woken him up.

He also thinks he is allowed to pick him up. The other day I was in the kitchen making dinner, Drake was in his little travel swing and he was starting to fuss. Next thing I know Carson is screaming at me hysterically "Mom, Lincoln...the baby, the baby". I look over and here comes Lincoln packing baby Drake on over saying "he's crying, he's crying". He was 2 steps away from our tile floor, I freaked. I know he means well, but honestly. I have to watch him like a hawk. Poor Drake.



He's gorgeous. I know I am probably biased but I think he is the most beautiful sight. He is his dad, and I couldn't be happier. His skin is so dark and he has the most beautiful complexion. His eyes are like big black pools, and all that hair in the back. Black as coal. Not a whole lot in the front, but he already needs a trim in the back. Yeah, he's beautiful.


One spot that I can always count on to buy some time is his pack'n'play right beneath his mobile. He loves this thing, just sits and stares at it. All propped up in his boppy.


Still sleeps about 70% of the time. Especially when we are out and about. On the days I have errands or taking Cars to and from school, he sleeps ALOT. He loves his carseat. The minute he gets in, all is quiet an good and he is sound asleep. I like it.


At night, he sleeps in his boppy. I put him in it when he first goes down about 9:00 or so. He usually sleeps til about 2:00, and then I feed him and he sleeps again til about 4:00...then he is awake every hour and a half or so. Not bad, but not great. However, he is a dang quick eater in the middle of the night and always is back asleep within 15 minutes. I can handle that.

So thats my little squeeker bug at one month old. My goodness, how we love him. He is such a joy to me. Such a perfect, little blissful joy. So lucky to be his mom. Happy one month old baby boy. Love you more than words can say.....

11 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh dear I love a baby in a onesie, those are precious his eyes, my goodness he is gorgeous.

Though I do have a few problems with this post 1. Ashley is not his favorite aunt, I am, I know that's what you meant, I will forgive. 2. Katelynn is on month 10, not nine obviously you have not been paying attention.

Other than those two minor problems I loved this post of my little one month old, give him some snuggles for me and don't let Ashley over too often anymore I can't compete with that!

Genn said...

Wow, one month does fly by doesn't it?
He is just beautiful Teri. And while reading this post my ovaries were aching for another little tiny baby bundle to hold and snuggle with.
But as I type my comment, Claire is in the entryway screaming and it's so loud I don't think I can handle the screams of another little one on top of her noise. Ha.

Beautiful pictures of him. I love the close ups. Drake is a lucky little guy to be in a family like yours.

Shanna said...

oh my gosh teri...those pictures are ADORABLE! his eyes stare deep into your soul and melt your heart huh! ha ha seriously though, those big brown eyes are gorgeous!

The Carnahan's said...

So sweet! I agree with you, he is adorable!!! You sound like you have your hands full with Lincoln. He seems so busy, good thing Carson was watching him. It's really cute how much he loves his baby brother but that would be hard thinking you have a second to catch up on something and then he's getting woken up by Lincoln. Now will probably be the hardest time but I'm sure with time it'll get better. I cannot believe he's already a month old, why does time go by so quickly?

The Mashy Family said...

Love the pictures. He is looking a bit different from the other two I think. He has much darker skin right now than the other two did it seems. I would not like those big brown eyes starring up at me cause I think I would just say yes honey whatever you want you can have.

Cute Family said...

What an adorable baby! Abbie is just like Lincoln. She loves Kenzie, I thought it would wear off, but it hasn't. It is like she is Kenzies second mom. I understand that. But, oh so cute!

Clemments Family said...

A month already? Wow, I swear you just had him like last week. He is so cute and has the perfect face.

Souli & Ashley said...

Oh he is cute and yes he does love his auntie. I am his favorite. That little guy sure is bringing me alot of joy. Thanks for sharing him with me. I love those chubba cheeks.

Rob and Melanie said...

He is so adorable!! Congrats!!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

Ohmyheck your baby is CUTE!! I mean seriously. He's adorable. I can't believe it's already been a month - really, a month already?! Crazy how time flies!

Jamie said...

What a doll!!!