Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow Day! Snow Day!

Have any of you ever seen the Starbucks commercial that played this past holiday season. It was some big city that had no snow, so everyone was making paper snowflake kites and flying them in the sky. The song that played with the commercial would sing "snow day, snow day". For some reason Lincoln LOVED this song. He would go around singing "snow day, snow day". Even now, 2 months later he still sings this. So when we woke up Saturday morning and saw this....








the words "snow day, snow day" popped right into my head. And we sang them all day.


It was indeed a winter wonderland. What kind of parents were we if we didn't take our boys out to play. They were begging, and Thiago couldn't let them down. So they bundled up and out they went.


Their plan was to build a snow fort. This was Thiago's favorite thing to do when he was little. I think he was more excited about it then the boys. Well, probably not...but still.


Mapping out their idea..


One very good helper.



And then this one. Didn't really help much. However, he had his own fun.


Brev came over to join the fun.



They worked, and worked and worked. Poor Thiago was a little stiff this morning from all of his kneeling and bending and digging.


As for me and this little dude.....we hung out in our nice, cozy, warm home.


While Drake napped, I snuck out to snap a few pictures and then came back inside to enjoy my nice quiet house while I organized some pictures I just got developed.


Unfortunately, about 45 minutes into their playing....this one got sent back inside. He lost his privledges out there. Wouldn't stay out of the road and kept trying to take off his snow clothes. Back inside he came.


These three though, they stayed out til the job was complete.


One totally awesome snow fort...perfect for launching snowballs. Made for 2 very happy little boys and one exhausted dad. Good job honey.

It was a lovely snow day.

8 comments:

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

What a fun day!!! Man that's a lot of snow, glad you guys made good use of it! Your family is so dang darling, looks like all your boys had a great time. You are such a beautiful girl (can I ask where you got your DARLING hat? - I LOVE it... and want one :) Those are my fav style of hats!!!

P.s. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Johnstun Fam said...

how fun! Tate loved playing in the snow also! It was a great day for it! and you look super cute in the picture of you and Drake!!

Johnstun Fam said...

how fun! Tate loved playing in the snow also! It was a great day for it! and you look super cute in the picture of you and Drake!!

Genn said...

I can't believe all of the snow you guys have right now!
It sure has been cold here for Souther Ca too. Last night we went to a movie and when we got out I swear it felt cold enough to snow.
Cute pictures. And you look cute in your hat. :)

Rob'n'Mon said...

That's awesome! I'm sure it didn't hurt for Momma to get a little peace and quiet, either. :)

Clemments Family said...

I remember making forts as a kid. So fun and what a good sport Thiago is, I bet the boys loved it. And poor Lincoln, he reminds me so much of my Ashton. My boys love the snow, they just love being outside.

TW said...

Snow days and kids...what a happy combination. Your pictures made me want to be a kid again. Thanks!

Eric and Jenny said...

Lincoln got sent inside? That's shocking....

They look cute all bundled up, where did you get their snowgear this year? Did you notice how short Luke's snow pants are on him, I bought Lance's new this year, but not Luke's. He looked like a dofus in his,....oh well.