Unfortunately, our little family had to make a return visit to Primary Children's Hospital. Actually, not just one...but two. First up, was my little bug...

Last Monday, we had to take Drake down for an ultrasound on his kidneys. At my last prenatal visit, right before Drake was born, my doctor saw a little reflux on his right kidney. This has a name but of course I don't remember it. It basically means backed up urine in his kidney. His right kidney to be exact. My doctor said this is sometimes seen in newborns and usually clears up on its own. However, to make sure and mention it to my pediatrician cause it should be followed up. So of course I did, and my pediatrician ordered the ultrasound. All is well. He actually does have a little build up in BOTH of his kidneys, but not a concerning amount. The radioligist seemed confident that it would resolve itself and was nothing to worry about. My pediatrician agreed. So Drakey bug is just fine.

Next up was this little guy. We were scheduled today to meet with Carson's cardiologist and have a repeat echo done. For those of you who are unaware of Carson's heart problem, read here.
From here on out we only need to do the echo's yearly, but because it was a new diagnosis and they weren't sure how fast his valve was expanding they wanted to check it 6 months later. Everything looked good. There was no signifigant change between the two scans, which means the valve is expanding slowly. That it what his cardiologist predicted but we wanted to just double check, just to be on the safe side. So for now all is still well. Last Monday, we had to take Drake down for an ultrasound on his kidneys. At my last prenatal visit, right before Drake was born, my doctor saw a little reflux on his right kidney. This has a name but of course I don't remember it. It basically means backed up urine in his kidney. His right kidney to be exact. My doctor said this is sometimes seen in newborns and usually clears up on its own. However, to make sure and mention it to my pediatrician cause it should be followed up. So of course I did, and my pediatrician ordered the ultrasound. All is well. He actually does have a little build up in BOTH of his kidneys, but not a concerning amount. The radioligist seemed confident that it would resolve itself and was nothing to worry about. My pediatrician agreed. So Drakey bug is just fine.
Next up was this little guy. We were scheduled today to meet with Carson's cardiologist and have a repeat echo done. For those of you who are unaware of Carson's heart problem, read here.
As I have mentioned in the attached post. Primary Children's is no place you want to end up with your child. As we were parking the car today, I turned to Thiago and said "lets hope this is our last visit to this place, for a year anyways". I was so relieved to leave with two clean bills of health. For Drake and Carson. I know Carson's is still something we need to watch but for the time being he is a normal, healthy child and I am grateful for that. So grateful. So hopefully no more Primary Childrens for us....til next February that is.
9 comments:
Yes my heart breaks for the poor parents who spend so much time in that place. Such a blessing to have it, but pray we never need it. Glad my babies are both looking good, hope tonight goes okay for you and Ash both. Try and enjoy it!
So glad to hear that Carson is still doing good. I got nervous when you mentioned reflux with Drake because that runs very high in my family. I had reflux in my kidneys until I was five and luckily out grew it. My Mom also had it, but at the time they didn't know what the problem was and it led her to a kidney transplant. So happy to hear that Drake only has a small amount and his little kidneys will be just fine.
Oh I'm so glad your boys are ok. I have a friend who has been spending way too much time up at Primary's with her sweet baby and it is so sad. So I'm glad your boys have a clean bill of health!
Oh I am glad you got a clean bill of health for both of your babies Teri!
I bet that is so stressful whiel awaiting the news. Hugs to you my friend. Hope you are getting some sleep.
So glad everything is great with both of them. I have never heard of the kidney thing. Primary Children's is an amazing hospital, but it is so hard to go there.
Teri-
Hi I don't know if you remember me but I'm Candace's sister Natalie anyways I love to read your blog every now and again and I just wanted to tell you how darling I think your boys are. Also I am glad they are doing well after reading that post! :) sorry I hope you don't mind me reading!
I'm glad all is well-I couldn't agree more about having to spend time at Primarys...breaks my heart.
Yay, I'm so glad all is well! I was a little nervous at first but I'm relieved hearing everything is a ok. They both are such sweet little guys, it's nice to hear they are healthy and don't have any concerns.
my oldest daughter just had surgery for reflux! Good luck!
Post a Comment