Cars has had a few little moments in the past couple of days that I thought I'd share. Cause I think they are pretty cute and worth mentioning.
First moment. A couple of Saturdays ago we were all just hanging out at home. I was in the kitchen doing something and Thiago was working on his laptop in the family room. The kids were playing something back in their room. The TV was on, and the show 2012 was playing. It was the part where a couple is at the grocery store and an earthquake starts. A pretty bad earthquake. Carson just happened to walk in at this part. I looked up to see him standing there just staring at the TV. I yelled to Thiago to turn the channel, but damage had been done. He didn't say much right then, and I muttered something about it being just a movie. He asked me what had happened. I told him it was an earthquake but that it was just a movie and he shouldn't think about it. That seemed to satisfy him (or so I thought) and he went about his business. Well, appearantly those images stayed in his head. For the next few days, he couldn't quit talking about it. Right about this time the earthquake in Japan happened. I was watching the News and they started to talk about it. That freaked Carson out even more, here he thought it was just TV and he starts hearing about it in real life. I tried to explain best I could. I want him to know that they can happen so he knows what to do if we did have one, but I don't want him thinking about how bad they can really be. Either way he was freaked. He woke up a few nights in a row with nightmares and crying, all he would say is he just can't quit thinking about that earthquake. Broke my heart. After a few nights of this, I said well lets just say a prayer and heavenly father will help you to not think about those earthquakes. He considered this for a moment and then said "mom, you know those times when I am sick and dad puts his hands on my head. Well what about that, maybe he could do that and I won't be scared anymore". So thats just what we did. And he hasn't thought about it since. In his blessing, Thiago told him to think of things that make him happy when he feels himself getting scared. Carson said he feels happy when he is wrestling with dad. So occasionally he will say to me "Mom, I am thinking about wrestling with dad, not about those earthquakes". My sweet boy, I love that he thought of his priesthood blessing all by himself. What a kid. However I hate the fact that I can't erase that fear. I hate all the devestation these earthquakes are causing. I hate that Utah is overdue and that we are near the faultline. I try not to think about it same as my 5 year old. However, I kinda feel like its inevitable. I just pray we will be protected. And I pray for the people of Japan.
Alright, next moment. This one is much lighter. See this toy....well I am a sucker. I have no idea what got into me the other day, but I bought this thing. For no reason, its not a holiday, or a birthday, or a special event. No it was just an average day and I somehow got talked into this $40.00 toy. We were wandering Target (never a good idea), Carson has had his eye on this thing for awhile now. It was just the two of us, the babies were with my mother in law. And all of the sudden I couldn't resist my brown-eyed boy and his sweet, heartfelt request for this toy. So we left Target with this little baby.
To say he is obsessed would be an understatement. He loves this thing. Can't get enough of it. And like all other Carson obsessions, Lincoln is allowed no where near them. Carson goes to great lengths to keep this thing away from his little brother. Lincoln wakes up before Carson every single day, and he uses this time wisely. He always goes and gets Carson's prized possessions and plays with them while Carson can't stop him. Carson has caught onto this and has started to hide his stuff before he goes to bed. He used to hide them in my closet, but Lincoln found it. So I guess he has found a new spot....
Was opening my blinds the other morning, and looked down to see this. Tucked in snuggly behind my couch is the beloved toy. I tell ya, he's one smart (and just a little bit selfish) kid....
8 comments:
What a cute kid! And a smart one too, to think of the blessing on his own!
Oh dear that is about the funniest thing ever, look at that toy shoved back behind there, genius of an idea Carsy.
Ter him and Lance were so darn funny today, I swear it's like a mini you and me 20 years ago. Their imaginations just kill me the games they play are hillarious.
I cried reading about his fear of earthquakes they are at the ages now where the real world starts to become scary and you lose that innocence. I want so bad to protect them and keep that innocence but since we can't it's heart wrenching knowing how to go about teaching and raising them right. Sweet sweet Carson how I loved this post.
That is so cute! Well, the first one tugged on my heart a lil bit. It's amazing how much children can infer from tihngs they see on t.v., movies, video games etc. It's so important to be mindful of it - which you were, it's crazy how fast the images grabbed a hold of him and wouldn't let go! I love his little thought process, and I'm glad he's feeling better about it :)
The second Carson'ism is so adorable! I love that LIncoln was catching on and waking up earlier, and then Carson caught on! Boys :)
Oh I have tears in my eyes. Poor Carson, I can relate all to well to his feelings and being in your position. Jax is freaked out by the earthquake too. And without trying to scare them more you want to make sure that they know what to do if something did happen. My heart breaks for these kids, they're just innocent. I think you did great Teri.
I love the whole toy thing. It reminds me so much of my boys.
Oh what a sweet boy you have. That is so sad about his fear of earthquakes. Like Jenny said, I hate that we can not protect them from realizing things like this are out there as they get older. Oh to be young and so innocent.
that is so cute! that made me cry about the earthquakes and him wanting the blessing. Such sweet little spirits. He is a cutie teri! thanks for sharing those sweet little memories with us.
Oh that is so funny that he was worried about that. It is weird how kids can drown out most of what parents tell them or instruct them with and yet they go so consummed in thought over something like that they see or hear. Funny. Special little boy to rely on the spirit for guidance, comfort and help. Oh Carson Carson!!
Love it! that boy is just too darn sweet! You are so lucky, and a wonderful mom to raise such a wonderful boy! Love those stories! Its funny we don't realize what things can have such a great affect on our kids, and what they think of to solve the problem! Good job Ter for being such a great mom!
Post a Comment