Monday, March 14, 2011

A week of snapshots..

Just a little of this and that. Nothing huge going on last week, just a nice, well-rounded week. A little work, a little play, a little sunshine, a little rain.....


Gotta love northern Utah in the springtime. We hop from snow to rain to sunshine all in one week. These boys loved hopping through the rain puddles and fighting over the spiderman umbrella. Time to break down and just buy another one. Would save me a lot of fights.


What is it about holiday candy that tastes so much better than regular candy. Especially candy covered in pretty pastel foils. Doesn't Easter know I am on a diet.


If I am already buying Easter candy than you can bet my Easter decorations are out.


These boys latest obsession. Wearing dads hats. They are way to big but they look so dang cute. Luckily, Thiago doesn't care...he gave them all his old ones. Although we keep finding the good ones in Carson's sock drawer. The little sneak.


Still waiting on some smiles from this little one. We have seen a few fleeting ones, but nothing that really counts. You can see it in his eyes how close he is getting. You know that little sparkle they get when they are about to smile. He's got that.


Smile or not...he is pretty dang cute!



A little spring cleaning going on. Starting with the bathrooms. Aw...can't you just smell the lysol. Nothing better, I tell you, nothing better.


Going through totes, pulling out Lincoln's old hand me downs for Drake. Thank heavens for hand me downs. Lincoln is oh so helpful, climbing on in and cheesing it up for me.


Was also going through the boys shoes and pulling out what doesn't fit anymore. Lincoln found some black church shoes and put them on. There he is in big clunky shoes, tight jammies, bed head and syrup on his face. Gotta love him.


Carson had Kindergarten roundup this last Friday. Went to his school, saw the classrooms, met the teachers, had a little parent meeting. Got me and him excited. I liked what I saw.



Celebrated Uncle Gus's birthday. Out to dinner with the family.


Carson's first experience of flying a kite. Lincoln was there too, but he tripped on the kite string and was off crying. Poor guy. Wasn't the best kite flying day, the wind was hit and miss.


Drakey and Great Grandma Williams. We are so lucky to have all of these grandparents.


One more thing worth mentioning about this last week. If you don't care for womanly issues quit reading. Went in for my 6 week postpartum check-up and got some not great news. I have an annoying little body when it comes to letting go of pregnancies. After I had Carson, I had a retained placenta and ended up getting a D&C the day after. After one of my miscarriages, I bled for 2 weeks straight and finally ended up getting another D&C. All went well with Lincoln. Now this time, I have been bleeding off and on, off and on. I would think I was finally done and then it would start up again. Annoying. Well, appearantly there is still some pregnancy tissue in there. My doctor gave me some stupid medicine that makes you cramp up and hopefully get rid of that tissue. Didn't work. All it did was make my milk no good. So I had to pump and then throw it all away for 3 days. Drake had to be on formula, and he wasn't a fan. I go back in tomorrow to see if the tissue is still there. If so, looks like another D&C for me.

Oh well. In the big scheme of things, it is no big deal. So my body likes to hang on to stuff. At least it has the ability to get pregnant and bring these little sweeties into my life. Just a minor little hiccup, that we will get taken care of. Wish me luck.

Thats it from me, off to watch the finale of "The Bachelor". Whose it gonna be....Emily or Shantel. Better be Emily.

8 comments:

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

You are one organized momma! That pantry looks GOOD! A wonan after my own heart, I sure do love an organized space :)

I'm sorry about the bleeding - I've never heard of anything like that. Good luck, I hope all goes well! Will be thinking of you!

The Carnahan's said...

The weather here is the same, sunny one day, foggy and raining the next day...wish it would be spring already! I love little kids in over-sized hats, adorable! I love Emily as well and was rooting for her!

Genn said...

Hi Teri!
Cute pics of this and that.
Oh how I love a little spring cleaning!
I'm sorry you might have to have another D&C. You're right, in the big picture, I guess it's not that major, but it is still kind of annoying. I hope the problem is resolved soon for you!!
Did you watch the bachelor? I wonder if they will last? I heard they already broke up. Who knows!


PS- I wish I got to meet you this week as well as Jenny!! Maybe another time! :)

Shanna said...

you're such a busy woman! isn't it great all the wacko things your body does with these little guys.

I think we sacrifice EVERYTHING pretty much for these little guys so we can understand a little bit more how Heavenly Father feels for US. I know i probably wouldn't appreciate things as much if it wasn't so difficult sometimes to get them.

Sorry about the bleeding though...no fun! i felt like i'd never get fixed after having Breymen. i still have got some "issues" ha ha

TW said...

Fun pictures of your week. My boy...going off to Kindergarden...oh no. Hope you are feeling better and I am so sorry to hear about the whole situation...let me know if I can do anything. I love you!

The Mashy Family said...

Oh dear I did not know that you were having some issues. You are giving me the itch to get some spring cleaning done. I hate doing it until my heater turns off but I am still feeling the itch. Best of luck. Love the picture of Grandma. Those are priceless.

Genn said...

Hi Teri!
Just had to come back and say I saw your comment about Linc and the vaseline! You are kidding me. Can you imagine the trouble he and Claire could get into together??!

Good luck getting it out. It was a pain in the butt. I don't really have advice. I just kept washing with dish soap, and bar soap, and 409. I know, sounds so gross! Good luck!

Genn said...

Hi Teri!
I am hoping you might see this soon...

I gave Jenny wrong directions to get to my house tonight!! I know, what a dork right?

So can you email me,
jghass2820@sbcglobal.net

and give me her cell #? I should have gotten it from her in case this happened! I wrote her back and told her the write directions, but I just hope she sees it!

Thanks!