Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

I very much enjoy conference weekend. Not only do I love the chance to hear the prophet and leaders of our church speak, but I also love the time of year they are around. Spring and fall...the start of a new season always brings much anticipation. We had a fairly decent weekend, nothing super exciting but sometimes thats kinda nice too. Of course getting dressed up and heading out is always a good time but sometimes staying in wearing comfy-cozy clothes and just being with the ones you love is nice too.



New season of soccer starts...round 3 for Carson. I of course had to work which is a bummer that I miss out on seeing him. However, I take him to all of his practices so at least I see him there. I guess it went well, Thiago said it did. All Carson told me was "yeah, I had fun...but I was so tired at the end and just wanted to go play on the playground". Oh, okay...I don't know about this kid, don't know if I have an all-star athlete on my hands or not. He's such a goof.

Later that day, we have....


start of a little yardwork (Thiago gets so excited when I pop out of the house, camera in hand and start snapping pictures of him raking, he loves it! He automatically puts on his best smile and cooperates perfectly. HA!)


dirty little faces, streaked with red popsicle juice...


and a few random toys laying around the yard.

Could only mean one thing, summer is around the corner. I think. Hard to tell when the weather drops from 71-35 in 24 hours time. Nice weather nice...thanks for the tease.


That night, Thiago and Souli went to priesthood session and to Iggy's, while Ash and I stayed in for a little movie night with the kids.




Taco's for dinner...they're a crowd pleaser.


a little popcorn...


wait, what is this. Are these two actually sitting side by side playing nice. What the....this never happens. Lincoln isn't stealing all the toys while Elle bawls her eyes out. Huh, how weird is that.





What else but "Tangled". Loved it!


and love him. Snoozing away, missing out on all the fun.


Next morning...


This is where I could be found. Propped up in bed with my kindle and my babe waiting for the morning session to begin. Gotta love that husband, for getting up with the other two monsters and fixing them breakfast while I lounged around. Love it.


Piled the kids in the car and headed up to Tremonton for a family dinner at my grandparents. Thiago has been on a roll lately at work, and keeps winning stuff. Got some huge gift cards, and we went and bought new portable DVD players for our car. Our old one died out, so we got a new one with dual players. One for each side of the car, very nice. I have never enjoyed the hour long car trip quite so much. No noise coming from the back seat.


Drake and Grandpa getting some snuggles after dinner.


Quite nice, quite nice. We enjoyed our weekend but to top it off, I got this little moment....


presenting to all of you...Drakey-bugs adorable smile. Finally got it on camera. How do you like that, pretty cute, right??

I'll show you again, cause I know you love it.


and again...



Pretty much the best smile ever. And on that note, I'll say goodnight!

5 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh I do love it, way to make my morning. I think i will stare at it a little longer and put off making beds as long as possible!

Loved the post, made me smile, particuarly Theo being so gosh darn excited for yard work and photo shoots. I can hear him no "Teri put that "naughty word" away!

Love my Cano family!

Bentleys said...

Oh my I love baby smiles, and his melts your heart!

Genn said...

Sounds like a great weekend Teri.
Your little Drake sure is growing. He's so cute!!

Clemments Family said...

Awwww...I love the smile.

Thiago's face is hilarious, he looks thrilled....lol! I for one HATE yard work, but my Husband loves it, I would rather vacuum and scrub the inside. I truly hate bugs and dirt.

TW said...

Love that little La Roca boy...and I also love that Thiago and his love the camera. Some cute pictures there.