Thursday, April 14, 2011

Friday Favorites..

Well, I for one am feeling so ready for the weekend. It has been a long, emotional, and trying week. I can't seem to get back to my normal self, and quite honestly I don't want to. It feels so strange to go about my every day life when I know my friends life is so severely altered right now. I am trying to just be myself and go about as I usually do, but my heart is just not in it. I don't know if it will be for a long time. I am grateful for these feelings though, makes me feel closer to her and more mindful of what she is going through. If any of you are interested they have set up a blog for little Faye. www.fayesfight.blogspot.com. Head on over there, read her story and if it all possible, please donate.

Funny, how these types of events make you look at life a little differently. It brings out the very best in people. They are alot of GOOD people out there. People truly do love one another and are willing to serve and carry one anothers burdens. It is a comforting thought to know that these type of people are still out there.

I have been searching for the simple and good in this life, the past couple of days. The small things that make you happy. After all, when all is said and done, it is the small things that really matter.

Here is a few that I have smiled at over the last couple of days...


Ahh, the temple. Not a more beautiful sight. The peace and comfort that only the temple can bring. I am grateful for the chance Thiago and I had to go this week. I was grateful to be in the house of the Lord and petition in behalf of our little Faye. I felt the peace I was searching for, and was hoping my dear friend felt it as well.



Jelly covered lips in the morning. Nothing better than kissing your babies and tasting their breakfast. haha.


Sweet little ones all bundled in hooded towels. He is pretty kissable himself.


The first buds poking out on my trees. Spring, it IS coming.


My sister taught me a new trick. Thiago has about a million hats and they are always in need of washing. Load them up in your dishwasher, with a little dishsoap and ta-da. Good as new. Just make sure your dish detergent doesn't contain bleach.


Carson's little "friend" he made at school. He calls him butterfly (don't ask). All I know is they carried on a 2 hour conversation which included me fixing a lunch plate for a paper bird. I guess I am feeling a little tender towards my kids these days and am willing to appease their silly requests.


A sweet note and baby gift from a dear friend. I thought I was done receiving little Drake gifts. It was most appreciated and very thoughtful of her.


We have obviously seen "Tangled" one to many times. Caught the boys with my stool and flat iron. The stool was the tower, and my flat iron was her hair. Yep, how lovely is the imagination of a child.


A lovely, fresh pineapple...


look at Carson smacking his lips. They gobbled it up.


A big, gooey bowl of chex mix. Not at all diet-friendly. However, sometimes a girl needs to indulge in some good ol' comfort food.


I had to include this. I have been saving up for this double stroller. My other stroller only fit Drake's seat and the back wheel was busted and occasionally made the whole stroller collapse. Picture this...me walking into Dillards, baby in the stroller, Lincoln balancing up by me on the handle bar. Wheel gives out and stroller collapses, I lunge to rescue baby, had to set down Lincoln who runs off squealing through the store, yelling at Carson to go and catch him. All of this with about 10 people staring at this poor mother, who can't afford a decent stroller. It was embarrassing. So now, I am the proud owner of a double.


The boys put it to good use the night Thiago set it up for me. Camped out in it, eating goldfish and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.


My heart smiles at the rare moments when they are actually playing nice with each other. Of course, 5 minutes later Lincoln was yelling and throwing the whole game at the wall. However, I enjoyed the moment while I had it.


Last but not least....sweet little gummy grins from my baby. Look at him looking at his dad, melts my heart.

Thats it from me for a couple of days friends...enjoy your weekend. Remember, to go hold your little ones extra close tonight. Life is so precious and fragile, and unfortunately things can change in the blink of an eye. How blessed we are to have these sweet spirits in our lives. How close to heaven they are, and they deserve the absolute best.

Lots of love to you all....

6 comments:

Clemments Family said...

This post brought tears to my eyes and then a smile towards the end. My heart aches for Stacey, I am going to send down some hats and donate, I know I am not close to Stacey, but my heart breaks still. But I have faith that everything will go good and there are so many people praying for them. And your right life is too precious, I learned this a couple years ago. But I think you are amazing Teri, Stacey has amazing close friends and you guys are what will get her through.

On a happier note, I loved the tangled picture, I need to go buy the movie, I haven't seen it yet. I love kids imaginations, they make me smile.

Genn said...

Hi Teri. Oh I can only imagine the mood you've been in this week because after reading about your friends daughter she has been on my mind SO much. I keep thinking about what I would think or feel if that was me. And how hard it must be to be traveling to and from the hospital so often with a newborn baby and probably going on no sleep. Oh my heart just aches for them. I was telling my husband about it and showed him the blog for Faye. He too will keep them in prayer. He said that AML is very treatable and that caught early (which it sounds like hers is) there is a really good chance to beat it. But I know it will be a long road to get there. I wish them the best.

Love all your pictures that make you happy this week. And hooray for a brand new stroller!! You should see the beast of a stroller that I keep in my car. It's hideous. Claire needs to just walk already cause I'm saving for a new camera NOT a new stroller!! :)

Kent, Krista and Family said...

It is true, life can change so fast. I always worry something will happen with my children, mostly Jakob and I'm not really sure why. It's crazy the love we feel for our children.

You've been on my mind A LOT lately and maybe this was why??!! I'm glad I was able to make you smile for a second. Thanks for your friendship! Keep your head up girl!

Eric and Jenny said...

I love your little list, funny how everything just seems that much sweeter right now. I need to do a post so bad, I have pictures coming out my ears. But I just can't seem to find the motivation to do so, maybe tonight or tommorow.

Thanks for the hat tip, I didn't know that and Eric's hat all our sicking me out. Tangled is killing me what a bunch of weirdos....

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

It has definitely been a different kind of week and so many things for me have been put into perspective. I actually was thinking, I got a sore throat on Tuesday and a killer mosquito bite on Wednesday, both were very annoying - and I thought to myself, I am thankful for these things: life could be so much worse.

I love your list of favorites. I love fresh pineapple. Mmm, it's so good! And I love chex mix treats!! Yummy!

Hope you have a great week Teri!

TW said...

Sweet words...
Darling pictures of those three monkeys and I wished I could have been there for the "stroller incident"...too funny.