Wednesday, April 27, 2011

{ThReE mOnThS}


Yes, its true. As much as it pains me to say, baby boy is another month old. He looks excited about it, doesn't he. Just can't wipe the grin off his face. Ha, yeah right. Oh well, no smiles but at least he's not crying. So here he is at 3 months old.


2 months..


and 1 month.

As you can see he is growing fast.








So serious isn't he. That somber little expression, big brown eyes and round little cheeks that I could kiss all day long. In fact, I pretty much do. He's irresistible.



He actually has this expression quite often. He is one mellow kid. Never fusses, never cries....but he also makes you work for those smiles. Whenever he is well rested and full, he shows them pretty well. However, if he's hungry or tired he will just stare at you with that blank expression.


However, every so often we get one. And its worth the wait. Smile lights up his whole little face and pretty much turns my heart to mush. He's got me wrapped right around his little finger.


Still wearing size 0-3 months. We are about to move up to 3-6 though. All three of my boys have always stayed pretty consistent in their growth. They usually follow right along with the size they are supposed to be in. I have small kids and so far Drake is following right along with his brothers.


Shoes still don't really fit him. He has tiny feet just like Carson. Even the newborn sizes fall off. The only ones he ever wears is these little slippers. Soon enough.


He is a dream baby. An absolute dream . I didn't know babies came this easy. Half the time I don't even know he is around. He is just so easy-going. I can take him anywhere. He sleeps most of the time, and if he's awake he just sits there, all content like in his carseat. Even if he is getting hungry, he still just sits there. Here we are at the grocery store with him just snoozing away (and Lincoln, chowing down on a kids meal).



Trying out his new stoller, he enjoyed it. So did Lincoln. Actually no, Lincoln didn't. He wanted to be out riding his bike with Carson, not stuck in the stroller. I still have the bruise on my leg where he kicked me to prove it.


But yes, Drakey liked it.


One thing he doesn't like is bottles. He pretty much hates them. While I am at work on Fridays and Saturdays he barely eats enough to keep a bird alive. He fights it, and fights it and fights it until he is so hungry he finally gives in. Poor baby. When I finally sit down to feed him after work, his poor little body just sinks against me in exhaustion. Like he has been waiting for this moment all day. Its sad, and just a little bit sweet. Kinda cool, that I am the only one that can give him that kind of comfort. Sweet boy.


I'm his favorite, but daddy is a close second. He loves his daddy and saves his absolute best smiles for him.




I just laugh at these last 3 pictures. He is so funny and can literally fall asleep anywhere. He is actually turning it a great self soother and puts himself to sleep quite often. There have been so many times, that I know he is getting hungry and so I walk into the room to feed him and see him zonked out on his own. Funny boy.

Well, that wraps up month 3. Better head, cause my little bundle of joy is propped up next to me and the laptop and is starting to get a little squirmy.

Love you sweet boy, happy 3 months.

10 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh my precious boy, I just adore these pictures, particuarly the ones where he is all cozy and cuddly in warm pajamas snoozing away.....

I know just what you mean about loving that at the end of the day they just want some milk from their momma. I never believed you when you said I would grow to love nursing. Well I guess you were right cause let's see almost 13 months and I am still going strong. Okay I really am going to quit her soon, it's just a little bit sad you know.

Love Mr Lincoln in all his naughtiness kicking, kids meals, that kid always makes me smile!

The Carnahan's said...

He is too cute, I can see why he's wrapped around your finger! I would smooch him all day as well, there is just something about babies that you just can't resist kissing them all day long! They are just too sweet! That's amazing that he's such a relaxed baby, that's perfect since you have 2 other boys keeping you busy! I don't know how he's already 3 months old, it all goes by way too quickly!

TW said...

He is so very irresistible!! Happy 3 months Drake.

Tammy said...

I can not believe that Drake is 3 months already! What a cute, sweet baby!

Your easter post was cute too. Your boys are so darling. Lincoln cracks me up. He is all boy.

Shanna said...

He's a little sweetie! He just gets cuter and cuter, doesn't he! I loved how you said he melts into you to nurse after you've been gone to work. I LOVE THAT! its good to be needed. I didn't think i'd love nursing as much as i do. It truly is the sweetest bonding time with these little guys.

cutes babies teri...keep sharing these precious photos!

Clemments Family said...

He is heaven Teri. So stinkin cute and I just want to kiss those cheeks. I hate that they grow up so fast. Enjoy every single moment.

Aleese and Scott said...

He is so sweet, and that picture of him sleeping on the couch is so funny!

The smile picture is the BEST and he looks a lot like Lincoln, especially when he smiles. What a sweet baby!

Genn said...

THREE months???! Say it ain't so!
Time is going way too fast is it not?
He's such a little doll. I could just eat him up. Enjoy every second with him Teri!

Nick and Stacey said...

Love this! three months already, makes me think how fast this time will pass...right! What a sweet little boy! Cuter and Cuter every time I get the chance to take a peek! Dont you love those self soothers, sometimes us moms just need that! Cute little Drake! Had to laugh when you said you had a bruise from Lincoln...sorry about the bruise, but that boy is too funny!

Rob and Melanie said...

So cute!!!