Thursday, June 23, 2011

He's SIX


Oh, say it ain't so...my boy turned 6 years old yesterday. I mean 6, come on, that is huge!! Sometimes I think to myself if I have a 6 year old, then surely I should be smarter and better than I am at this whole parenting thing. Yet somehow I am not. I still have days where I feel like I am playing house and the fact that these three little lives depend on me is scary as heck. I have had a lot of these little moments with Cars later. Its a new phase of life he is entering into. Kindergarten, bikes, FRIENDS!!! Yikes, friends. I have been struggling with this lately, I'm not gonna lie. My boy wants some freedom and I am reluctant to give it to him. I am having a hard time drawing the line at what I am comfortable with. I am the kinda mom that wants everything at her house, just so I can keep my eye on whats happening. Basically my boy is growing up too fast...and I'm not sure I like it.

However, that is neither here nor there. What can I say, its been consuming my mind lately. Moving on....




What's some birthday fun without your best friend in tow. We waited for Lance to show up and then it was off to Boondocks...


Oh my goodness, what a nerd. This kid and his sunglasses. I swear he acts like he is absolutely melting out there without them. He hovers around shouting "my eyes, I can't see". He doesn't go anywhere without them. What a cute little nerd.


Miniature gold was up first. Carson practically ran through the course, all he cared about was making it to the end to see the pyramid shoot up the fire. He could have cared less about the golf.




Lincoln was a whole different story. He does not like to be rushed, he does not like help, and my heck if he doesn't make it in the hole. ..watch out. He yells, he screams, he throws...oh, the difference between my boys. It's crazy.


Me, well I tried a few holes (just for the sake of taking pictures), then I decided I was having more fun pushing the stroller. So I went back to that.




Ate some lunch..


Then came bowling..



Carson and Lance did great...after all it was the little kid lanes.




Lincoln loved it too. Don't mind that he was constantly helping himself to bowl on other people's lanes. If he saw a row of pins, he went for it. Doesn't matter who they belonged too. Little stink.



Baby Drake enjoyed himself as well. Even got to sit on the carousel.





Last was the go carts. This was their favorite. They were a little nervous cause they couldn't go together and they weren't exactly sure how to drive them. No worry necessary though cause they did perfect.


After that we went home and got ready for his party. Just family and a few friends.


He proudly wore this little ribbon all day, and the pin that Boondocks gave him. Just in case one of us forgot it was his birthday. His paraphenelia reminded us.


A close-up. Yeah, its pretty awesome. I can see why he was so dang proud of this thing.



Yep, we love him...(so glad he is only six and still appeases me and my silly picture requests, haha)


This is my new favorite picture. Look at my family, moments like this make me so proud to be the mother of boys. I love it!





The set-up. We kept things easy with grilled hot dogs, green salad, potato salad, fruit and fruit dip and chips.



What party would be complete without a total meltdown from Lincoln. Here he is having a breakdown for one reason or another.






Present time...Carson's big moment. He was in heaven. This kid loves an audience and was putting on a quite the show. Let's just say he was excited.




Make a wish sweet boy...




last, but not least the pinata!


And thats a wrap. Happy birthday sweet boy. I can't tell you how much mom and dad love you. What a gift you are. From the minute they placed you in my arms I knew you were special. Your little spirit just seems to leap out of you. You share that big heart of yours and that endearing little smile with everyone you meet. I have never met someone who loves as big as you do, you have a heart of gold and you share that everyday. It is an honor to be your mom, I hope you are learning as much from me as I am from you. I love you baby boy...happiest of days, for now and always.

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I feel his pain....I run around crying about my eyes too....you just don't know what it's like. Cut the boy a break!

I am laughing at that picture of Luke, his hair looks like he stuck a finger in a socket. Wow!! Don't tell Ashley that......

Happy birthday little buddy, you are one in a million. Nobody can make me smile quite like you can. You say the darndest things, that always make me laugh. I don't know if it's cause he is my first little nephew or the fact that he is Lance's very best friend in the whole world or what. But Carsy boy you hold a special special place in my heart, love you little boy!

TW said...

My heart is melted. Not only is he a hero for his birthday...but everyday. Give that big 6 year old some extra hugs and kisses for me. I loved seeing and hearing about his special day.

Genn said...

Happy Birthday to your SIX year old! Wow, six does sound old doesn't it!?
It looks like he had a really great birthday. How fun that Lance got to join him all day too.
Your party set up looks perfect. Happy Bday to Carson!