Monday, July 18, 2011

Heritage Days...

A bad thought occured to me the other day. Every year at the end of August we go to the Box Elder County fair with all of my family. Been going my whole life. I had already bought the boys their special "fair outfits" and everything (when I told Thiago this part of the story, he rolled his eyes...but you guys understand, right?) Anywho, it occured to me we will be out of town during the fair. Oh the sadness...I love the fair, however we have got a fun vacation planned so I guess I'll get over it. In order to make up for the fair we decide to hit our towns "Heritage days" little carnival. Over priced, trashy people, and very hot....but still fun.













Like I said it was pricey...so the boys just got 4 rides each while the baby slept. Carson did not appreciate having to leave the rides, that kid has a sassy side.






Not the greatest food, however it did perk Carson up a bit. I think he was just tired and hot. He had already had a big day and it was catching up to him. Lincoln for once was the well behaved child. Go figure.

We had a while to go before the fireworks so we decided to leave the carnival and go get a snowie at our very favorite ice shack.








I swear I could eat a snowie for every meal. I freaking love those things...especially when they add the cream. Ohh, its heaven. Baby Drake liked it too. This kid LOVES real food, it is the craziest thing. He was going crazy trying to get a bite.


Check out his bright red lips after. Funny.

And on to the fireworks.....







It ended up being such a fun night. Started out kinda rocky with Carson's little attitude, but in the end we all had fun. I love nights out with friends and family but some nights I love to be with just my own "little" family. Just my honey and I and our three boys. Doesn't get much better than that.

Yeah, it was a fun night.

Don't believe me...


just check out that smile. Tells you all you need to know.

7 comments:

Tyler and Lucci said...

I completely agree with you on the way to pricey and trashy people. 1. Of all the years I lived in Clinton I never went on any of the rides, or got a $10 snowie. 2. Tyler and I used to rank the people there on a scale of 1-5 on how ridiculous they were, let's just say there were a lot of 4's and 5's.

Shanna said...

i could just eat those little cheeks on drake! he's such a beautiful baby!!!

Genn said...

How fun!
Sounds like a great time.
Those snowies look delicous.
And did you say they add cream to them too? Oh wow. I need one. :)

How fun that you guys are coming to San Diego and get to go to Sea World!!
I know the prices are really outrageous, but check online for coupons. My family all had one for $20 off the admission price. they got theirs in the mail so i am not sure if you can find one online but I bet you could. Since jake works at a hospital we get a nice discount on that type of stuff, and kids under 3 are free! So at least two of yours will be free. :)

Clemments Family said...

We had so much fun when we did that as just our family for South Ogden Days. It looks like you guys had a blast. I love all the pictures. And even sweet Drake just goes with the flow.

The Carnahan's said...

Heritage Days looked like fun, but it's too bad you guys will be gone during the fair.

Oh and I love how long your hair is now, it looks really pretty!

Eric and Jenny said...

Hello sister I am missing you!

Hey I had a thought Cache County Fair is the first week of August like the 8th or something. Eric will be gone in the Wind Rivers you should bring the kids up and come with me. Yes?

I will call you later on today......love you!

Bentleys said...

LOVE the pic of Drake smiling at his brother so so cute!!!!