Awwww Lagoon!!! Gotta love it. We actually haven't been since I was pregnant with Lincoln. It had been awhile. I know alot of you out there are thinking about the dirt, and the heat, and the weirdos....and yes all of that was present. However, I will say that despite all of that we had the absolute BEST time. It really was so much fun.
I mean don't get me wrong, we definitely had a few moments that looked like this
but there wasn't too many of them. (Oh Lincoln-boy, he can be quite the dramatic.) We went on the 25th and I was afraid it was going to be incredibly crowded because of the holiday and super hot, however neither was true. There was the perfect amount of people, the lines moved so quickly and the day was hot but overcast so we stayed pleasantly cool. It was lovely. The kids were on their best behavior, except for a few meltdowns. And we all left tired but very happy.
oh, the anticipation...
thank heavens for grandma's. My poor mom spent most of her day guarding the stollers of me and my sisters. Her and Drake got alot of quality time in.
Carson's day..
This ones got a strong stomach. And he is quite the adventurer. The crazier the ride the better. He got to try out some of the bigger rides this year, and once he tried those that is all he was interested in. I am afraid him and Lance are starting to outgrow the kiddie section. They loved the dinosaur drop, the sky ride, the log ride, the chinese dragon thing (can't remember the name), and the flying aces. One major disappointment for him though. He never got to try out the ferris wheel. For some reason he has a fascination with ferris wheels. We try and tell him they are slow, long and boring, however he still was dying to go. We told him we would go before we left but when we made our way down there they had already closed. Oh boy. It was quite the meltdown, considering it was late and he was tired and then to add that on top of it. Luckily we distracted him by a game (which he won) and all was well again.
Lincoln's day..
Lincoln was such a GOOD boy. Which is really weird for him. Sad, but true. However, he was such a little angel. He and Elle just hopped from ride to ride, happy as little clams. He would get ride back in his stroller to ride on down to the next ride. He started to get tired and got a little fussy which explains the crying pictures, next thing I knew he was sound asleep in the stroller with Drake's blanket. He then woke up about an hour later, ready for more rides. Definitely one of his better days.
Drake's day
Once again, barely even knew he was there. He sat nicely in his stroller. Talking, cooing and smiling. Took a few long naps. Ate some baby food. Came out to take a ride on the train which he enjoyed. Although technically I took that oppurtunity to feed him so he didn't really see much of the ride. He was just his usual perfect little self.
It was a great day. Lots of great memories!
5 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! I actually hate rides, ok...I am afraid of them. If I were to get in a roller coaster line I would start having a panic attack and you would see me break down. It's just not my thing. Your boys looked like they enjoyed it. Your mom is so sweet, what a great grandma she is to come with you guys and watch the strollers and cute baby Drake. I'm glad you all were able to go to Lagoon and enjoy your time together as a family!
I know isn't it crazy how all of a sudden the boys are no longer interested in the kid rides. All of Lance's favorites were the ones I thought would have scared him. I was a terrified mess for him riding alone on the aces and he can't stop talking about it. It was such a fun day, I am so sad it's over and even sadder everybody is leaving me this week. Bring me home a bag of jelly beans would ya?
Lagoon, Its what fun is :)
I sure am loving all the pictures of your summery fun activities... and boy the kiddies are growing and growing. Once again, I have to to say you have 3 beautiful boys and I enjoy hearing about their little lives, their coming and going and sweet stories. Love you!
Hi Teri,
Somehow I missed this post!
Sorry bout that.
I've been behind on my blog reading.
Looks like you all had a fun day! Live the pics. I told Jenn I've never heard of Lagoon. Maybe one of these days my fam will make it that way. :)
Post a Comment