a happy #29 today! Yep, he's 1 year away from 30....and I am following right behind him. I don't know how the heck we got this old, but we did.
In honor of his big day, I will go ahead and tell you 4 things I love the most about my man. Excited...well you should be.
1. His outlook on life. I tell you I have never known anyone with a better attitude, he is the most optimistic, carefree, easy going guy. I swear nothing riles him, he is always happy, always smiling, always laughing. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen him really upset, it just doesn't happen that often. Poor guy, I don't know how he handles me and all my mood swings, but he does it and he does it happily.
2. His good heart. I know that is kinda a funny way to put it, but it is the best way to describe him. He truly cares for other people. He has so much compassion, understanding and kindness towards everyone he knows. He always puts himself last and others first. He never blinks when he sees someone who needs help, he just jumps up and does it. I am always amazed at his ability to befriend people, it doesn't matter the age, lifestyle, personality...he can find common ground with anyone.
3. The way he loves our kids. With his whole heart and everything he has and is. I think it is the only way he knows how to. He does it all....he changes diapers, wipes noses, makes sandwiches, fills sippy cups, reads stories, cuddles, wrestles, rocks to sleep, helps with baths, checks homework, and I could go on and on. He is the most hands on dad ever, and not because he thinks he has to do these things. He truly wants to do them. How grateful I am to know my kids are loved like that, with a love so fierce it could almost conquer anything.
4. And most of all the way he loves me. I don't know what I did to deserve this guy, but I sure am glad he's mine. There is no doubt in my mind that I am his everything. He makes that evident every single day. He compromises, he tells me I am beautiful, he compliments my hard work, he calls me just to tell me he loves me and he hopes I am having a good day, he opens doors for me, he respects me and he teaches our boys to do the same. I think in the beginning I took this these for granted, I just assumed all men treated their wives this way. I am quickly realizing this is not the case, with every passing day I see more and more how blessed I am to be his wife. I am the queen of his little world and he makes sure I know that every.single.day.
I love you so much monkey, I am always grateful for September 8th, it is the day that brought me you. Where would I be without you. I hope you have a wonderful day, don't worry me and the boys will go "above and beyond"...wink, wink...cause you know you deserve it.
All my love.
8 comments:
Happy birthday Theo! 29 I can't believe it, to think I have known him since we were 14....so crazy how the years have gone by. I hardly remember a time when he wasn't just a part of our family. The brother we never had, love you Theo so much hope your day is fabulous!
He is a great guy, spoil him rotten today!!!
He is such a good guy! Happy Birthday hope you have a good one!
What a sweet post for your man Teri.
Happy happy 29th to him. Have fun celebrating!
He sounds like a really great guy.
ps- I know you and Jenny are twins (now I do- lol) but that first pic of you and Thiago you look so much like Jenny to me. Usually I am very good with telling twins apart, but for a sec I thought that was Jenn. :)
Happy Birthday Thiago! I can't believe we are only 1 year away from 30 either, so crazy!
That was such a sweet post! I didn't get to know him very well from Jr High/High School, but he sounds like a wonderful husband! I love all the things you wrote about him. You guys are just too cute!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIAGO. All you wrote about him is so true...one good man you have there.
Happy Birthday Thiago. He is a great guy Teri and always has been.
What sweet things to say about Thiago! I can't believe we are all turning 29...its insane to think about it. Thanks for the sweet comments...I bet you guys have some cute 'back in the day' pictures too.
Post a Comment