Monday, October 24, 2011

Pickin' Pumpkins


Halloween is here...well almost here. Crazy, oh so crazy. Want to hear an even crazier thought...Christmas Eve is exactly 2 months from tonight. Now that is a serious yikes...sends me into nervousness just thinking about it. So we won't think about it...not at all. We will think about the Patch...the pumpkin patch that is.


tall ones, short ones, some as big as your head..name that movie folks...just released from the Disney vault. Obviously my boys have watched it one to many times.


For the love of cuteness..look at these three.


Lincoln had a good time.


Carson had a good time.


Judging by that smile, the little chubster had a great time.


He liked the straw.


He liked it alot.





The scarecrows and stuffed witches made Lincoln all sorts of nervous. I tell ya, for as adventuresome as this kid is, he sure is a chicken little when it comes to certain things. We have a house by us that goes all out for Halloween, I am talking like 20 or so fake, scary, bloody people hanging around. At first we called it the scary house, but everytime we said that it made Lincoln cry. Now we call it the fun house, and for some reason this makes him feel better. He doesn't cry anymore he just says "look the fun house". He's an odd kid.



Speaking of odd kids...here is another one. Carson and his two best friends. These little white pumpkins. I don't understand his fascination, but he loves these little guys. They have been stowed away on top of his bunkbed for the past few days (that is where all of his prized possessions hang out). I just stole them today and added them to my home decor, he hasn't noticed yet. I'll let you know if he does.




Lets head on home, you big orange fellas.


Well now, don't you all look lovely.




They are home sweet home, just hanging out on our porch. Waiting to be carved on Friday. Cause if you didn't know Halloween is almost here.


A few more odds and ends for ya


Hocus Pocus was on ABC family the other night, so I DVR'd it for Cars. I wondered if it would scare him but my sisters kids watched it and she said they did fine. So we gave it a try. Carson LOVED it, Lincoln not so sure. This is how I snuck up on them Saturday night. All cozied up in my bed watching it. I guess they really do love each other.


We got boo'ed. I love that. It's fun and festive, and I love to be fun and festive.


So we mixed up some chocolate chip cookies and reciprocated the boo's to a few other families. Such fun.


The boys snuck a few cookies for themselves first though. Which is totally acceptable.


And then they ran out there and had some fun for themselves in those 70 degree temps today. Say goodbye to that scene though, I think I may have just worn my favorite pair of shorts for the last time this season. A cold front is coming in tomorrow. I think we are done with 70 degrees for this year. Here comes 52 tomorrow, and 48 the next day. Bundle up my friends...cause here she comes.

Be back later this week...cause the 24th marks more than just 2 months to Christmas Eve. The cutest baby in all the world is 9 months today. So we'll be back to talk about that.

Nighty-night!

6 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Well if this wasn't a perfectly fabulous Fall post! Made me all kinds of happy. I saw those little pumkins of Cars' at moms yesterday. Good job stealing them I would have too!

Did I tell you we got the little people book today. They loved it of course. I had to fight Eric for who got to red bedtime stories cause heck I kind like that book too!

The pumpkins look great, I am probably the last person in the world to get their pumpkins. Oh and do you know what the weather is for Saturday are we gonna get rained out at the farm?

Genn said...

What a fun day at the patch for your boys!
They are just so darn handsome and Drake is getting so big so fast I just can't believe it!!
I tried to get my girls to pick that book out at the bookstore on Monday and they wanted coloring books! I tried.

Cute pumpkins on the porch~!
Hope your littles have a happy halloween!

The Carnahan's said...

I love this time of year as well. I cannot believe Christmas is coming so fast! I've never been to a pumpkin patch before, we'll have to go because it looks like so much fun. Your boys are so cute!

Rob'n'Mon said...

You amaze me! What a great example of a great mom. Seriously, I look up to you, Teri. ...and Hocus Pocus is one of my FAVORITE movies!

Ashley and Devan said...

Really, is Christmas Eve really just 2 months away? Crazy!
Darling pictures at the pumpkin patch.
We watched Hocus Pocus on our DVR a few nights ago too, love that show.

The Mashy Family said...

I love that you mentioned that christmas was just 2 months away. Now we need to just freeze the next 2 months and enjoy. My favorit time of the year. Looks like your fall has been fun. Our pumpkin experience was cold and got dark too quick. I want to try again so we can get some actual pictures that I will probably never blog but they are still worth it right. Oh and the BOO thing you and your sister have got to think twice about this thing.... eating someone elses home cooked goods you don't even know.......... You girls got me nervous!!!!! I am a mess when people do this to us I throw them away immediately. I know call me crazy but I just get all freakishly worried. Okay so I am totally weird but you can probably see me doing it right?