Monday, October 3, 2011

Just us Girls..


Me and these two cute girls (also my sweet mom, who unfortunately got shingles and her eye was completely swollen shut, needless to say she refused to be in any pictures).

So yeah, us 4 girls...


and this tiny little guy had a weekend of FUN!

My mom had the idea for us all to get together and have a little girls weekend. My mom's birthday is next week so we thought it would be fun to go and celebrate together.

We had a grand time....there was a hotel with probably too much luggage considering we only stayed one night (I guess most of it probably belonged to me, haha), there was a movie, there was a whole lot of shopping, lots of laughs and gossiping and even more eating. Yum, lots of good eating.



As soon as I got off work Friday we headed down to Salt Lake. We didn't realize a few months ago when we were making arrangements for our hotel that this was conference weekend. We barely got a room. Appearantly there were a lot of people in town to attend general conference.

Drakey boy had one fussy moment the entire trip and it happened on the way down. He was overly tired and cried the whole way there. Until he finally held my hand and fussed his way to sleep...he was an angel the rest of the time.


He felt much better once we arrived at our hotel and he realized that he was the only little one there. Just him and 4 girls who absolutely dote on him. He soaked up all that attention.


whoops, sorry Ash. Guess you didn't quite make it in the picture. There's my poor mama. Her eye is kinda hidden in this one, so I figured it was okay to post. The poor lady wasn't feeling up to par, however there was no way she was going to miss it. So she suffered through. Here we are at the Dodo Restaurant. Funny name, delicious food, and charming atmosphere. Brings back some good girly memories.



Chicken enchiladas and toll house pie. So good.

My mom also has a nasty cold and we are pretty sure the waitress thought she was either deaf or blind or bed ridden by the end of the night. It was quite the evening for her, and me and Jen and Ash unfortunately had a quite a few laughs on her behalf. You are such a good sport mom. Love you.


We really wanted to live it up since we rarely get the chance to do this kinda thing. So even though it was incredibly late we decided to go see "Warrior" after dinner. It was sooooo good. Loved it. Don't worry, Drake fell asleep right after this picture was taken.


Next morning...4 girls all getting ready just like the old days. Such fun. Love my sisters and my mama.


and then it was time for a little shopping. Or alot of shopping. The latter is probably more accurate. Between the 4 of us, we had quite a few bags by the end of the day.


First we needed our fuel for the day. 4 large cokes from Mcdonalds.






shop, shop, shop. I was able to cross quite a few fall items off of my list and my list for the boys. I had been saving up a bit for this little trip and I found most everything I was searching for.




Slept some, smiled some, ate some...Drake had a good day.






Lunch at the "Bistro" in Nordstroms. I told you we ate well. Seafood Bisque, Turkey Citrus Sandwich and fries, and bread pudding. Oh man. So good. Had to exercise twice as long today to work that off, but thats alright.



Drakey bug and his Ashie...he just loves her.

We shopped some more, stopped for a piece of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory and then headed back home to our families.

It was a much anticipated, lovely weekend with my 3 best friends. Our lives are all so hectic and crazy right now. All of us raising young children and being pulled in a thousand directions. I was so grateful to have the chance to be with them and just enjoy each others company. Many thanks to my man for making it possible. Grateful he was able to handle the other 2 while I went off and had some fun.

Love you girls, thanks for the great time.

8 comments:

Souli & Ashley said...

Best weekend ever. Only Drakey bug can get me to smile so big. He is the best most darling baby. Thanks for the fun. My new favorite tradition.

Genn said...

I love how close you and your sisters and mom are.
What a FABULOUS weekend.
Loved your pictures.
You are all so beautiful!!
I am sorry about your mom's shingles. My Mom has had them and I know they are awful. Hope she is doing better now!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh I am feeling so melancholy now that it's over, I want to go back. Especially because this week feels a little stressful remind me to tell you about art appreciation. I am freaking out just a bit!

Did you notice how many similarities are posts have. I find it so funny how we both mention the same things. Teri packs the most, hard to find a hotel, large cokes, though I did forgot to mention the poor waitress thinking mom is deaf, next time we will just bring along Luke's extra pair of hearing aids, can you imagine!

Love you missing you and Drakey bug already. Let's make it a once a month thing and not just a yearly thing. Dare to dream right!

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you had fun with your mom and sisters. Nothing is better than family!!! We REALLY missed you on Saturday. When ever we had a chance to breath Chelsea and I would say I wonder what Teri is up to. It really was a crapy day of work. We'll fill you in on Saturday.

Bentleys said...

love it!! You girls are all so gorgeous!!

Clemments Family said...

I love it all. I seriously want to do this with my Mom and Sisters now. Drake is so cute. So fun, I need that kind of weekend.

Nick and Stacey said...

Looks like so much fun! Reminds me of our trip....not to far away, but nice to get away from the normal craziness of life! You are some great girls...love you all to death!

The Carnahan's said...

Looks like fun! I LOVE girl trips, they are the best. I really need to go on one after reading your post :) Glad you guys made time to hang out, and spoil yourselves! You all work so hard as mommies, you deserve some "me" time.