Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rules of Possession


My sister found this and when she showed it to me I couldn't help but think of the boy. Lincoln boy that is. Fits him to a tee. He successfully got in a fight with each and every child at our Halloween party last week. According to him every toy at our house, Ashley's house, nursery, the doctors office, the neighbor's house and the list goes on and on...all of these toys belong to him because and I qoute "he got them for his birthday", which of course is an out right lie. Heck, he even got in a fight last week at Carson's soccer game with a kid that was twice his size because the kid was standing on a water drain (I know, a water drain....seriously...of all the things to pick a fight over) and Lincoln claimed that drain belonged to him. Next thing we know the kid is laying on the ground crying while Lincoln stands over him yelling "its mine". I tell ya what this child spends more than half of his life in time out. Heaven help me is all I have to say about my wild child.


He sure does love his "stuff", don't believe me...just ask him.

5 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

He sounds exactly like Barrick!!! There was a time where I just stopped going out because I got so tired of the time outs and apologizing for him. It does get better though for the longest time I thought It wouldn't get better. There are still rough days but he is a million times better and like Carson my babies are totally opposite. All though it is really hard to parent sometimes, It makes them strong, independent, and leaders!! He is such a cute little thing!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Thiago told me that story the other day about Lincoln at the soccer game, I laughed and laughed. Why am I not surprised to hear Lincoln scaring the pants off an older kid. He is one in a million, those rules fit him to a T.!

Love your Lincoln boy!

Genn said...

Oh that's funny.
I've seen that before, and said the same thing you did about Claire!
And yes, heaven help us huh?
hope you are having a happy weekend friend.

Ashley and Devan said...

Oh I love that list, so funny!

Lincoln remindes me so much of Hunter at that age. Always busy and had to be right in the action. There was never a dull moment with him, Lincoln sounds just like that.

Luckily, Hunter calmed down as he got older, just as Lincoln will. I remember somedays just counting the hours until bedtime because he would really try my patience. : )

I'm sure one day we'll look back and miss all of this.

TW said...

This one sure gave me my laughing for the day...great!